Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable Adapter for the Shaggy

Adjustable Adapter for the Shaggy

Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have finally gone into production on the adjustable adapter for the Shaggy AIWB holster.

It's available in two options, Standard and Extended Belt Tab with or without a tuckable option.

You can order the adapter for retrofit on your Shaggy or send me your holster and I'll install it. If you have an order in place for a Shaggy and want the adapter added just order the adapter(parts only) and reference your Shaggy order # in the special instructions/comments. I'll install the adapter when I make your Shaggy.

Order the adapter here.

We are also in the process of upgrading our web store. The new online shopping cart should be much more user friendly and easier to navigate. I'm not sure when the new site will be online but it won;t be too long.

Installation Tutorial

Skip to the 2:00min mark to avoid the Blah, Bah, Blah portion.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 06-16-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: fixed video
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the video. Very helpful.
    Love the fancy backdrop you're using.

Would be helpful to see a picture with the extended belt tab installed, just to get a clear understanding of what additional benefit it provides.

Also...

What clip was that on your Shaggy?
    Didn't look like the standard Shaggy and looked too wide to be the Versa... Thanks!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

RGB,
    The black visqueen is better than the transparent that you could see through to the pink fiberglass insulation!

The clip in the vid is the new injection molded clip that I am using for most of my holster now. I need to get the picks updated on the web site and will when the new store is up and running.

The extended belt tab is going to provide a little extra real estate for the belt to pull on to bring grip in tight to the body. It's going to be a combination of factors as to whether one will need this., i.e. body type, size of pistol grip, preferred carry position, etc.

TANSTAAFL

Site Supporter
    Thanks Rich.

I definitely want to buy the new clip, so, please let us know when it's available for sale or how to order it now if that's possible.
    The photo of the installed extended tab is also helpful... The tab didn't look as "meaningful" on the bench. Looks like it adds a lot of tuck.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just order the Shaggy Standard Clip in the accessories section. There are also some colors in the clips available as well. The adapter is black only as of now.
    TANSTAAFL

I've got eight Shaggies. You offer a large volume order discount?

Great idea, Rich. I won't send all eight but all of those that are for the longer guns will make a trip home to Ohio as soon as I can make it to the post office. That means only five

Yuri,
    Did you watch the installation video? I'm happy to do it for you but it really is a simple job to do yourself.
    TANSTAAFL

Site Supporter
    That's awesome.

8 June, I pinged Rich with a question about whether or not he'd consider making a solid belt loop that would provide more ride-height to my P07 Shaggy. I could use it, but wanted another 1/4" - 3/8" to keep from barking my knuckles across my belt getting a full grip.

He called me the next day to let me know about these adapters, which sounded like just the ticket. I ordered two (and two spare 1.5" solid loops...I like having spares...).

Pulled 'em from the mailbox Monday, 15 June, installed that night using the instructions with which they came. It was blood-simple to do, and took a whopping 6min or so.

I like it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List