Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird appendix holster issue today

As low as I can make it ride without rubbing my knuckles on my belt.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Totally depends. If speed is your main concern, higher will usually be better. If concealment is a bigger concern, lower will usually be better. If weapon retention is a concern, lower is better. Comfort could be higher or lower, depending on your build. Retention while running or fighting? Lower is better.

Think of it as leverage, and you'll get the idea.

I know people will disagree with the above, but it is basically true. Not that you can't do it another way, but these are guidelines for determining what matters to you.
    Agree
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Re. the post w/the chopper pilots, I think that is one of the smartest setups I've seen in years for their intended mission.

Note to self: if I ever get a pilot's license, it's yet another reason (stomach muscles/fat pushing the pistol out of it's holster) not to appendix carry.

Totally depends. If speed is your main concern, higher will usually be better. If concealment is a bigger concern, lower will usually be better. If weapon retention is a concern, lower is better. Comfort could be higher or lower, depending on your build. Retention while running or fighting? Lower is better.

I know people will disagree with the above, but it is basically true. Not that you can't do it another way, but these are guidelines for determining what matters to you.
    Thank you, I appreciate the response.

SLG is right on.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I agree too!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Yes !

User Tag List