Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 870P or Express Tactical?

Site Supporter

870P or Express Tactical?

Just wondering if the 870P is worth the upgrade over an Express? Fit and finish much better? I know about the spring and extractor difference. Thanks.

Yes. The P is worth it. Just be aware that current Remington production, even in the police production line, is not as good as it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Yes I would buy the P. Call it an investment

The current finish on the express models of terrible, they rust at the first sight of moisture. Additionally, rough chambers leading stuck rounds and a locked up gun is relatively common (it's a cheap and easy fix, but still worth noting and considering).

That being said, I've got an 870 express that I've done the "necessary" upgrades to (which are pretty cheap by the way) and have run it pretty hard without a hiccup... Which says something considering I've taken 3 shotgun classes the last year and each of them have had 870s lock up and crap the bed with stuck chambers.

I think it comes down to money and if you're comfortable swapping out springs and parts. If the extra money isn't a big deal, get a P. If funds are tight, you can get by with an express as long as you know you need to change things right off the bat. The finish will still suck but it's not the end of the world (just wipe it down and oil it after you shoot in the rain. Not exactly rocket science).
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I picked up a used 870P and had to replace the shell lifter but other than that its GTG. I would look for an older used or a sale on the 590

Summit currently has 'em for $320.

http://summitgunbroker.com/870p.html

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Summit currently has 'em for $320.

http://summitgunbroker.com/870p.html
    Holy crap, I've never seen them that cheap.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Site Supporter
    I saw that, don't want rifle sights though.

So swap the barrel out, they normally MSRP for double that

I want one of those... badly. Really need pistol upgrades though and funds are really tight
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

That is a great deal. I just paid $195 for a police trade in 870P, in much worse shape. No worries though, it still works great.

User Tag List