Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Accupower 1-4

Is anyone still using their Accupower long term? I’m getting back my Accupower green duplex reticle when I get back from this deployment. I have 3 acogs with the crosshair reticle and I’m thinking of getting rid of this scope or a Steiner since I want to do more long range shooting so need different glass for my Begaras and AR-10. I think The Trijicon to my eye has a light gathering compared to the PXi4 but the reticle are different.

My issued M4 and the AR-15/M4gery I have at home have a TA01nsn on top. I did Pickup a Steiner prism to try out I just have different needs now.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Is anyone still using their Accupower long term?
    A data point. I picked up my original Accupower 1-4 red triangle the first year they came out replacing the 1.25x4.5 version or whatever that gen 1 was. I am guessing 2006-2007? It has been in continuous service mostly on my 3gun 5.56 rifle or doing coyote watch duty on another AR-15 until this summer when I realized the tritium was essentially dead. I emailed Trijicon in inquire about relamping it. They sent me a return authorization and I shipped it back. About 5 weeks later they returned it, no charge, replaced the tritium and the fiber (although I had no complaints about the fiber part working well). I put it back on an AR this month and zero'ed it.

The 1-4X is adequate to my needs as I am unlikely to ever attempt a shot over 200 yards out here on some varmint with the AR. I recently acquired another used model with the cross hair reticle from a member here and put it on different AR.

So I have not done anything rough, just taking the rifles to the range and shooting, practice or matches, farm rifle stuff, and I am going to wildly guess that this accupower has seen over 5K rounds in its lifetime, all 5.56 and it has held its zero (despite being in a LaRue mount?) and continues to work. I have no hard use context to report, and that would be more telling about how well these hold up.

Sorry, misread fflhoundog's post, my reference is the accupoint, not accupower...don't know anything about those.

Is the credo line the replacement for the accupower? And are there any significant changes? Anyone have thoughts on using one now (I noticed most of the comments are a few years ago) on a patrol rifle vs something like a ta-33 with mrds piggyback. I have a H1 on it now but the aiming bean (my eyes) and I keep hitting scenarios were a little magnification would have been nice (I’m also limited to 4x). I’m not fond of the extra parts for a magnifier set up and again back to the aiming bean as it is.

Jason

I have two of them I still use, I like them. I seldom use the illumination but the bold segmented circle is easy to see. The center dot allows me more accuracy than I’m capable of and the BDC has been on out to 700 yards with my reloads. They are easy to get behind, clear, light weight and I’ve not had to change the zero since I dialed them in 4 or 5 years ago.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a Credo 2-10 I am very happy with, no experience with the LPVO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Is the credo line the replacement for the accupower? And are there any significant changes? Anyone have thoughts on using one now (I noticed most of the comments are a few years ago) on a patrol rifle vs something like a ta-33 with mrds piggyback. I have a H1 on it now but the aiming bean (my eyes) and I keep hitting scenarios were a little magnification would have been nice (I’m also limited to 4x). I’m not fond of the extra parts for a magnifier set up and again back to the aiming bean as it is.

Jason
    Jason the credo amd credo HX are the replacement for the Accupower. I just have the green duplex that seem to have gone away from that reticle but there are a lot of good reticles now for it. If you are looking for Aimpoint daylight bright in 4x I would be the look at is the Steiner PX4i as well as the Trijicon offerings because it has Aimpoint like red dot. Only reason why I’m thinking of getting rid of the Steiner is I have Four 1x-6x scopes and I got on this deployment (all 4 are the same reticle and scope) that are going on my rifles when I get back and a TA02 Acog that will be going on another rifle with the TA01nsn reticle.

Part of the reasons I’m going back and forth I know people will pay more for the Steiner Vice the Accupower at this point due to daylight illumination, and when I get back in 2022 the Accupower will be still a discontinued scope. I have a fiancé (who happens to be a Marine) that likes the duplex reticle/TA01 reticle so that is also driving my reasoning.

The Trijicon Credo 1-4 and Steiner 1-4 would be some of the best 1-4 on the market right now.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 11-28-2021 at 11:29 PM.

User Tag List