Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    HAHA. Ok, I saw it up in the classifieds and thought you parted with it.

I've had a TR24r (triangle) for a few years and have been very happy with it, but the bigger triangle and lack of holdovers have me wanting a useful reticle for 300-600m. Looking at the MOA crosshair reticle (RS24-C-1900001).

Thanks Ash. I've found the TR24r to be every bit as fast as my T-1/T-2's. I expect that to degrade a bit by losing the big red triangle, but there's a local SPR/DMR match once a quarter here with targets out to 600m, and I really want a more appropriate reticle.
    I really like the moa, worked well out to 700 when I did my job. If u were closer I would let you try it lol

I got a 1-4 Accupower with the red segmented reticle. Plopped it in a Bobro mount on a 6720, no bore sighting, and at the range this afternoon, the first three shots went into a one inch group, 1/2 inch high and 2 inches left at 50 yards. On high intensity, I could see the red illumination in bright sun -- not Aimpoint bright, but brighter than a NF 1-4.

Looking through the scope at the target, I noticed something odd. On 1 power, it was almost as if the scope shrunk the target, effectively making in .75% of one power. When I got home, I looked again, comparing the Accupower 1-4 with an Aimpoint Pro and NF 1-4. The Accupower seemed to shrink the target to my eyes, and to my wife's eyes.

Anyone else noticed this, and what is going on?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I havent noticed it.. Not to say it isn't there but I'll check closer the next time I handle it.

@GJM, I have not either. I compared the accupower to my SR4c and the glass is nearly identical at 1x.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got a 1-4 Accupower with the red segmented reticle. Plopped it in a Bobro mount on a 6720, no bore sighting, and at the range this afternoon, the first three shots went into a one inch group, 1/2 inch high and 2 inches left at 50 yards. On high intensity, I could see the red illumination in bright sun -- not Aimpoint bright, but brighter than a NF 1-4.

Looking through the scope at the target, I noticed something odd. On 1 power, it was almost as if the scope shrunk the target, effectively making in .75% of one power. When I got home, I looked again, comparing the Accupower 1-4 with an Aimpoint Pro and NF 1-4. The Accupower seemed to shrink the target to my eyes, and to my wife's eyes.

Anyone else noticed this, and what is going on?
    It is a diopter adjustment issue. Most of the 1X scopes will do it (I've noticed it heavily on the Vortex Razor 1-6's). Just adjust the diopter on the end of the eyepiece until you see a true, flat 1X image.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Copy, thanks!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I know this is a necro-post but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I was hoping somebody with the BDC reticle could chime in. I'm wondering how it does with .223 at slower velocities, say from an SBR? Does it line up pretty close out to 400 yards? I prefer a mil reticle, but if the BDC works then I could work with that.

Also, I'm wondering how fast the reticle is to pick up with no illumination? Logically thinking, it should be the same as the reticle on the 1-8x right?

Right now, I'm trying to decide whether I should go the 1-4x route or the 1-8x. This would be on a SBR as a GP rifle for 0-400ish yards. If the weight and price of the 1-8x it's worth it, then I may go that route.

Spend the extra and buy the 1-8x.

Trijicon makes good stuff. And overkill on magnification isn't exactly a bad thing.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Spend the extra and buy the 1-8x.

Trijicon makes good stuff. And overkill on magnification isn't exactly a bad thing.
    I saw your 1-4x review and was hoping you'd chime in here. I take it you've spent time behind the 1-8x, so how "fast" is the reticle at 1x with no illumination?

Also, somewhat related and I think you've tested it, but would you feel ok putting this in an Aero Precision UL mount to try to keep things as light as possible or take the extra 5 ounces of a Geissele or Bobro? Not much out there regarding durability of the AP scope mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I saw your 1-4x review and was hoping you'd chime in here. I take it you've spent time behind the 1-8x, so how "fast" is the reticle at 1x with no illumination?

Also, somewhat related and I think you've tested it, but would you feel ok putting this in an Aero Precision UL mount to try to keep things as light as possible or take the extra 5 ounces of a Geissele or Bobro? Not much out there regarding durability of the AP scope mounts.
    I have not had any significant time behind the trijicon 1-8x. I've shot a buddies a few times and the illumination is sufficient while the optic itself is robust, definitely reminds me of my old ta31fg in terms of fit/finish.

If you do not need QD then the aero is pretty good, the one I reviewed was good enough to work once torqued properly.

I have not tried the new geissele but from what I can tell it's exactly what you would expect from geissele. It's next on my list to try, probably with my next optic.

Bobro makes a fantastic QD mount. It is extremely well made and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a QD solution.

With all the above said, if you are looking for light an optic mount should be the last place you look to save weight. Barrel, optic, optic mount, they have to be good to go and unfortunately the heavier stuff usually is.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List