Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Simply Rugged Cattleman holster arrived today:

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

That's a fine looking setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you mind running a belt through the holster so we can see how the holster rides? Nice looking setup.

Damn, that looks nice.
    #RESIST

Argh. Ok, it ignites reliably in single action or if you pull the trigger reaaaal slow. When you start speeding up, it starts not touching rounds off. About 1/6 in .45 Auto and about 1/18 in .45 Colt. Ruger sent me a return label today.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Would you mind running a belt through the holster so we can see how the holster rides? Nice looking setup.
    Sure. I'll post some up when I get home, can't access photo sharing from work computer...

Trying it on my phone.

Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 07-24-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Ignition problems continued, I sent it back to Ruger and today that said I would get a call from management to go over my options for a replacement. I couldn't pin them down on what "options" meant. I wanted mine repaired, but they've been "out of ammo" to test fire it with for 3 weeks, which I find questionable. I told them if they can't repair it in a timely fashion to replace it. We'll see what happens, but I feel like I'm not getting the real story here.

Thanks for your reportage. Haven't bought a revolver since '08 and torn between this one and the new 5-shot Bisleys, with practicality leaning towards the Redhawk. Troubling.

I called Ruger again today and was informed that the cylinder/barrel gap had been adjusted and a pawl had been changed. There were no other technician notes and the rep did not know if this resolved the issue. No supervisor was available and, once again, I've been told I will get a call back.

I called again since "someone will call you back" had failed to materialize in 2 days. I got kicked up to a supervisor who said...I'll call you back. She actually did and said now they've replaced the cylinder and ejector and if it test fires ok will ship back out sometime next week. I was getting ready to walk into a suppression hearing when she called and didn't have much time to ask questions, but this still seems sketchy. It doesn't take 4-5 days to test fire a gun unless they are going to play the "we don't have any ammo" game again.

So up to this point I've been told the cylinder gap was adjusted, pawl changed, cylinder changed, and extractor changed. Sure as hell sounds like a design issue to me, not simply being out of spec. I'm wondering if I've been put off until a newly designed cylinder was available.

THIS is why I don't buy things that aren't tested by other people first. Companies use their customers as beta-testers.

User Tag List