Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Redhawk

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Another possibility would be to carry the gun loaded with Long Colt rounds and have moon clips with 45acp for reloads.
    Good thought.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Another possibility would be to carry the gun loaded with Long Colt rounds and have moon clips with 45acp for reloads.
    Except they probably wouldn't shoot to anywhere near the same POA/POI

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    If you need a reload, your target will probably be so close that you won't much care about that issue, I'd think.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Why not? Buffalo Bore sells 45 acp and standard pressure 45 Colt that are within 5 grains and less then 50fps different. I'd say few folks shoot well enough to see any real difference.

This gun gives you options, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Why not? Buffalo Bore sells 45 acp and standard pressure 45 Colt that are within 5 grains and less then 50fps different. I'd say few folks shoot well enough to see any real difference.

This gun gives you options, nothing more.
    Almost any .45 handgun round you find. One prolly belongs in every "preppers" kit. I still dig the idea. Quinn at Gunblast is testing one out presently for a future post.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'd like to have one. Hopefully after the initial release street price will come down to $800 or less. As another poster stated I'm sure someone will make a square butt grips for it.

Definitely a cool gun.

I agree with the poster who stated that they can do all there is to do baliistically, by handloading a Redhaqk in .44. The moon clips are a nice speedload option, but not a big deal for most. I have had a few Model 25s in ACP and sent each down the road, as I hated fiddling with the moonclips. In regards to grips, most dismiss before they try them. I actually prefer the skinny little stocks on my 4.2" .44 Redhawk, over the rubbers.

As far as a round to square conversion for grips goes, contact Rod Herrett at Herretts stocks in Twin Falls Idaho.

If I did not already have a .44 version, and a pair of .45 convertible single action Rugers, I might be tempted. They are outstanding guns, and you are not likely to ever wear one out.

BTW,

For the big bore shooting enthusiasts, theRe is something Up that is Going to bE announced shoRtly that will sure get single action guys all lathered up....

I'd like to have one, but wonder if a .454 Alaskan would still be safe with that round if the cylinder was relieved for .45 ACP moonclips?

I do suspect heavy .45 Colt handloads in the Redhawk would be exhilarating enough for Tennessee chores.

I wonder if .45 Win Mag would work or be safe in moon clips ?

User Tag List