Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Redhawk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Ruger is going to replace this one. I ask what the issue was and was told "I'm not sure." Well, me either, but hopefully this one works.

I got my replacement. Ruger didn't bother to tell me they'd shipped it or send a tracking number or I could have had it two days ago.

This one works. 50/50 with American Eagle .45 Auto. 76/80 with S&B primered reloads. The hits on the reloads were much deeper than the last revolver, so I'm satisfied the issue was the primers and not the revolver. Accuracy with American Eagle was meh. Accuracy with .45 Colt reloads was pretty good. I heeled several as I got used to the round butt. For a serious gun, I'd swap out the grips, but this one is just a toy for me. The hammer is a bit lighter on this one, too. I wonder if something was binding in the old one. Anyway, I think with winchester primers I'll be 100% on my reloads as well.

It is fun to shoot, and the moon clips are quick to reload.

Good news. How many of the moon clips come with the revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Good news. How many of the moon clips come with the revolver?

Thanks to the OP for this thead. I have the same gun in 45 Colt and 44 Mag and enjoy them both. I was considering this new moonclip model or having the cylinder on the 45 cut for moonclips. Now I think I'll just stick to what I've got. So, you've saved me some money and potential time & hassles. (It burns me to no end to have to fool with a brand new product that you forked out good money for.)

Just snagged a 4.2" 44. Looking forward to shooting it SxS with my Alaskan.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

SxS with Alaskan 44 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

BB, after seeing and reading your experiences I decided to get one but instead of factory new I found this one:

REDHAWK 45 COLT & 45 ACP. Professionally machined for full moonclips in each caliber, action job and forcing cone by Pinnacle High Performance Revolvers.

Package includes Stainless Redhawk Revolver w 4.2 inch Barrel and 6-Round Triple Locking Cylinder, high quality 45ACP & 45Colt moonclips from TK Custom, professional 45ACP & 45Colt moonclip loading devices from BMT Equipped Inc, German NillGriffe-SP Ergo Hardwood Grips (stippled w finger grooves), DeSantis Black Leather Thumb Break Scabbard Holster (not pictured- like new), original Hogue Rubber Grip, XS Express Big Dot Tritium Sight set, original red/ramped front sight, green fiber-optic front sight, Bowen Classic Arms - Magnum Redhawk Springs - 1 installed and 2nd heavier included, White Outlined Micro-Adjustable Rear Sight, Original Box, Manual & Fired Case.

Name:  ruger 45&45acp Pinacle Revolver.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  57.7 KB

Hoping for the best.... I will update you guys once I get er in.
    Last edited by Johnny Walker; 12-06-2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Johnny Walker

Mike, that is quite a package. Color me a little envious...which takes a lot these days.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    BB, after seeing and reading your experiences I decided to get one but instead of factory new I found this one:

REDHAWK 45 COLT & 45 ACP. Professionally machined for full moonclips in each caliber, action job and forcing cone by Pinnacle High Performance Revolvers.

Package includes Stainless Redhawk Revolver w 4.2 inch Barrel and 6-Round Triple Locking Cylinder, high quality 45ACP & 45Colt moonclips from TK Custom, professional 45ACP & 45Colt moonclip loading devices from BMT Equipped Inc, German NillGriffe-SP Ergo Hardwood Grips (stippled w finger grooves), DeSantis Black Leather Thumb Break Scabbard Holster (not pictured- like new), original Hogue Rubber Grip, XS Express Big Dot Tritium Sight set, original red/ramped front sight, green fiber-optic front sight, Bowen Classic Arms - Magnum Redhawk Springs - 1 installed and 2nd heavier included, White Outlined Micro-Adjustable Rear Sight, Original Box, Manual & Fired Case.

Name:  ruger 45&45acp Pinacle Revolver.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  57.7 KB

Hoping for the best.... I will update you guys once I get er in.
    Very nice. I dig those grips.

User Tag List