Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

The only issue I have with car guns is that a vehicle is a movable object. At any time that vehicle may be stolen, broken into or towed and now you are going to either recover the vehicle, hoping that car gun is there or report it missing, since locally you must do so in 10 days (might be 7, they keep changing it).

Out in the county, while it is still the same, the chance of your vehicle being broken into or stolen is less.

Worst thing to happen is have your firearm stolen and used feloniously.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

We get a lot of Glocks. Mostly form Puerto Rico, a lot of them converted to full auto.

Some of the more notably we have gotten, in off the top of my head is: Beretta 93R, Thompson sub gun, and a full auto Mauser Broomhandle.

Seized gun check in

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Last year we also took in a full auto Uzi after a D/V incident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was it a registered NFA firearm?
    Last edited by JDM; 06-14-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Even living in much "better" areas of the country, I can't really condone a truck gun. At least as of today, a concealed handgun is still the best option. When that changes, my rifle will be with me, not left in the truck.
    I have a steel box bolted into my trunk for my AR. While living in Vermont I didn't think twice about keeping my AR in there. Now that I moved to AZ the only gun in the car is the one on my hip.

My most recent confiscation was a convicted felon pocket carrying a Walther PPX .40, not as obvious as you'd imagine. Same guy had a locked and loaded .40 HiPoint carbine in the rear passenger compartment of his vehicle. The Walther threw me off, around here is mostly Sigmas, HiPoints, Taurus and an occasional Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    We get a lot of Glocks. Mostly form Puerto Rico, a lot of them converted to full auto.

Some of the more notably we have gotten, in off the top of my head is: Beretta 93R, Thompson sub gun, and a full auto Mauser Broomhandle.
    Holy smokes! Remind me to avoid your AO!

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Was is a registered NFA firearm?
    No and I don't know how he acquired it. I think he was already a convicted felon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Holy smokes! Remind me to avoid your AO!
    Man...I would beg on hands and knees for the chief to let me use the mauser as a sidearm and keep the stock in the car for use as a patrol rifle...because it's classy

Site Supporter
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    No and I don't know how he acquired it. I think he was already a convicted felon.

Was it a conversion ? Many moons ago I saw an FN manufactured Uzi seized in NYC - it traced back as gun purchased by the government of Jamaica as an LE or military weapon.

I don't know. The case and the weapon were turned over to the ATF as I recall

User Tag List