Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Springfield XD-S

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    More interested in the Galil. Also is that an HK handgun ! Looks like a p30 or HK 45?
    The pistol mag looks like a Walther of some type?

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Grease gun.

That's all I'm going to say until I can get pictures....

last night got a bursa from one dude who ran and then two hours later caught a burglar who had an old 870 and a 45acp rifle (dunno what kind) but had a lot of tapco crap on it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Stoger Coach gun 20 ga. and a Colt Agent from a felon on parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Stoger Coach gun 20 ga. and a Colt Agent from a felon on parole.
    Agent revolver or Agent auto?

Site Supporter
    A couple of my guys snatch some dude up on a pedestrian violation and get a pistol off him. Prior felon, had a wee bit of crack as well, no real surprises. One of the officers calls up my cell, "Hey Sarge, Wilson Combats are pretty nice pistols, right?"

Guy had an older Protector model, would not say how he got it. Ran that thing five ways from Sunday but it did not come back as stolen, and it looked like it had been a street gun for a while.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    A couple of my guys snatch some dude up on a pedestrian violation and get a pistol off him. Prior felon, had a wee bit of crack as well, no real surprises. One of the officers calls up my cell, "Hey Sarge, Wilson Combats are pretty nice pistols, right?"

Guy had an older Protector model, would not say how he got it. Ran that thing five ways from Sunday but it did not come back as stolen, and it looked like it had been a street gun for a while.
    I'm sure it was stolen. However if the owner didn't have the serial number when he reported it stolen or if the NCIC record was not maintained and it won't be in the system.

Just a PSA, I keep a record of your firearm serial numbers in a safe place separate from your guns. If you do have a gun stolen the quicker it is reported and the serial number put into NCIC the better your chances of possibly getting it back. There are also other commercial databases which law-enforcement can enter the ceremony bring to such as the leads online system for pawnshops.

The other thing is stolen firearms records in NCIC must be validated once per year and in order to keep the record in the system. If you have a firearm stolen you need to make sure the department you reported it to has your current contact info. They won't need to call you once per year to verify the gun is still stolen / has not been recovered in order to keep the record active in the system.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-09-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post

I wonder if an inquiry to Wilson would yield any info as to who it went to?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm sure it was stolen. However if the owner didn't have the serial number when he reported it stolen or if the NCIC record was not maintained and it won't be in the system.

Just a PSA, I keep a record of your firearm serial numbers in a safe place separate from your guns. If you do have a gun stolen the quicker it is reported and the serial number put into NCIC the better your chances of possibly getting it back. There are also other commercial databases which law-enforcement can enter the ceremony bring to such as the leads online system for pawnshops.

The other thing is stolen firearms records in NCIC must be validated once per year and in order to keep the record in the system. If you have a firearm stolen you need to make sure the department you reported it to has your current contact info. They won't need to call you once per year to verify the gun is still stolen / has not been recovered in order to keep the record active in the system.
    A friend had an old model Ruger Blackhawk stolen, she really loved the gun and checked on it every now and then to see if it had been found. Once when she called in to check, they said it wasnt in the system. It hadnt been validated or whatever needed to be done to keep it in the NCIC list at some point.

Site Supporter
    Oh I was sure it was stolen, I just could not prove it through NCIC. I did not think to call Wilson directly though.

I did not know about the yearly validation thing, my agency must do it as I have recovered guns stolen years ago, but maybe some of the other agencies around here do not.

User Tag List