Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Y

Could it go to HK USA or an FFL/SOT for repair?
    I can't speak for any other department's policies, but without a court order I doubt that a firearm is getting released to a third party. To be honest I'm not up to date on NFA stuff, but I don't think that an unregistered NFA item can be legally transferred from a police property room to anyone except another LE agency that needs it as evidence (and that may require a warrant or subpoena).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I can't speak for any other department's policies, but without a court order I doubt that a firearm is getting released to a third party. To be honest I'm not up to date on NFA stuff, but I don't think that an unregistered NFA item can be legally transferred from a police property room to anyone except another LE agency that needs it as evidence (and that may require a warrant or subpoena).
    Keep in mind that this was 13 years ago, wasn't my case, and I was on light duty with a concussion, and focusing on bringing my brief (but for a few minutes very exciting) law enforcement career to an emergency landing, but that is pretty much what I remember too. This thing was legal poison, as there was no lawful way to give it to ANYBODY, like I said.

I seem to remember that replacing an MP-5 barrel was one of the things we couldn't do, because they had to go back to HK? They were pressed in or something?

I was able to confirm that it is a Johnson. I don't suppose anyone knows where one could pick up a magazine for it?

I would try numrich gun parts.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I would try numrich gun parts.

Surprisingly, they have $40 surplus M1941 mags which I'm guessing are the same for the M1944.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/198970.htm
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Dope house warrant. Lots of dope, lots of guns. Of the two MP5 clones, one is a .22 and the other is an actual 9mm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Seized from an alien stash house. I can't recall if we found out if the gun was full auto. The bolt was solid...

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    So much for criminals just carrying Lorcins and Hi points...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So much for criminals just carrying Lorcins and Hi points...
    Obama gun boom gave them more options to steal from.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Dope house warrant. Lots of dope, lots of guns. Of the two MP5 clones, one is a .22 and the other is an actual 9mm...

More interested in the Galil. Also is that an HK handgun ! Looks like a p30 or HK 45?

User Tag List