Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

Seized gun check in

In keeping with the recent roll call stories thread…

I thought it would be interesting to hear and see what fellow LEO’s are finding on the street dealing with criminals. Also, what’s some cool or unique firearms you’ve run across.

I’ll start.

Yesterday, I searched a registered sex offender on felony parole. What do you know….out from under his bed came a loaded S&W 4” 586 in nickel. Not the usual pot metal .22 I’m use to running across. I’m sure it was stolen, but no hit was found. Had to help out a younger deputy not familiar with revolvers. He initially called in the assembly number off the yoke. Now he knows to remove the grips and look on the end of the frame.

Also, pulled a ½ oz of marijuana and recovered some stolen property. He had some masks and black hoodies in the trunk of his car. Good one to get off the street....for a while.

Attachment 3488

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Not actually a gun, but a robber was using this to hold up fast food joints, mostly Subways:

It's an incredibly realistic air gun. Each BB is actually on the tip of a fake bullet, the cylinder rotates, you can eject the empties and use a speed loader to put more fake bullets with bbs in.

Tagging in for later.

I have some great photos on my hard drive at the office. But you have to wait until next week when I get back to see them..
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Yesterday, I searched a registered sex offender on felony parole. What do you know….out from under his bed came a loaded S&W 4” 586 in nickel.

Good one to get off the street....for a while.

Attachment 3488
    Whats going to happen to that georgeous nickel 586? Can really nice people buy them? I dont even speed. Seriously, I dont.

About 1996,46pct Bronx NY. A suppressed full auto grease gun with four loaded 30rd mags.
    We suspected we interrupted a drug hit.

One day this past week a guy calls 911 reporting that he had seen a suspect displaying a "9mm" at a stoplight. He was good enough to get a license plate. I went to speak to the complainant and another officer went to the residence to see if the car was there.

I met the complainant who states he saw this guy pointing a "9mm" around the inside of his car. I asked him if he was sure it was a 9mm and not a 45 or a BB gun. He states, "No, it was a 9mm...I know what 9mm's look like and that was a big hole for a barrel...had to be a 9mm." By this time the other officer had confirmed the car was there so I proceeded that way.

I go to the front door, which is open, but the storm door is closed. I peer into it and see our guy sitting on the couch with his "9mm" beside him. I knock and the dude is surprised to see my smiling face. He comes to the door and I explain why we are there. He admits to moving his BB gun around at the stop light. I asked if I could get his BB gun from the couch and he says I can.

We didnt seize the gun but I told this 19 year old that being a responsible gun owner, should he ever be able to buy one, was not doing what he had done earlier. He agreed.

Site Supporter
    2004 -San Jose, CA- a Canadian Outlaw Motorcycle Gang member tried to pull a very nice Colt Trooper Mk III on some Santa Clara SO deputies and myself but immediately thought better of it. At the time, he had $100,000 worth of state warrants for possession for sale methamphetamine, possession of a sawed off shotgun and possession of a silencer. The original shotgun was a single shot / exposed hammer gun. Photos are on a CD somewhere in my garage.

Great thread idea!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

At least here in AZ they're not allowed to destroy seized guns anymore. It pains me to read about historically significant pieces being cut up for scrap.

Wish I still had the pix....lets see

Last 12 month's so far, recovered a g23, a g22, two g19s, three .25 autos and a .38spl.

Last few years mostly been 9mm rugers and Taurus pistols. Once in a while we find some sort of sbr or sbs, took a pump off a guy few years ago that was cut down illegally. In 09 dude had a double barrel he cut down to about 16 inches in length used in a robbery then discharged birdshot at me from about 50y.

Rarely seen glocks before last few years, huge increase from last two years though, mostly stolen out of GA, SC, NC.

Also bunches of .22lr revolvers and .25acp semi's, but figured they have to be running out of them.

Earlier in the year got a glocks in 357sig. That was cool, used in a homicide.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List