Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

A lot of our recovered stolen guns are taken from unlocked vehicles. For a while there it seemed like Glocks in .357 SIG and Sigma .40s were the front runners. A new sporting goods store just opened so we're seeing an influx of Cobra derringers. Dope warrants sometimes turn up better quality...one guy had a Colt Anaconda, a Clark long slide 1911, S&W 3906, and a couple of Beretta 92 commemoratives. Another felon/doper had a Barrett .50, a stack of Winchester M12s, and a few early import FN-FALs.

We just had a (once) nice Beretta O/U go for destruction. Of course, someone had hacksawed the barrels off to the front of the fore-end and cut off the stock, so it was sort of like putting it out of its misery.

Did someone say "sawed off"? Here is a lovely custom sawed off SKS taken from local smuggling enthusiasts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Looks like someone confused the rear sight for an accelerator....

Back in 2003 when I was... an intern (when I called the State Police barracks and told them I was a legal intern at the State's Attorneys office they always used to hang up on me so I still hate saying that) anyway my boss had a guy who got nabbed with an IMI/Action Arms uzi carbine banging away out his car window. We had it in our office evidence locker and I got to handle it. There was a nonlethal hit on a bystander through the wall of a nearby dwelling during the otherwise futile drive by. I suggested to my boss that since it was a banned assault weapon at the time she should charge the additional D felony. She basically told me to go make mud pies in the yard; grown ups were talking. IIRC the guy got 46 years for attempted murder and my former boss is a Judge now.

Not normal seizures, but we got a crate of stuff in, mostly NFA. I don’t know the story behind them but here are some of the highlights.
    UZI

BAR

M60

Mac 11 .380

A Star model B full auto.

A Danish Madsen as near as I can tell.

I haven’t figured out what this is yet.

Are these destined for the torch?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Not normal seizures, but we got a crate of stuff in, mostly NFA. I don’t know the story behind them but here are some of the highlights.
    UZI

BAR

M60

Mac 11 .380

A Star model B full auto.

A Danish Madsen as near as I can tell.

I want to say the mystery MG is a Johnson from WW2....?

Holy F-word, if I'm not mistaken that's a Melvin Johnson and/or Eugene Stoner designed prototype LMG that predated the AR10/AR15. That design is the basis for the Armalite X01, basically it's the grandfather of the AR platform. Your best bet for info is Knight's Armament. Don't know how you got it, but that's too cool.

Johnson M1944 light machine gun.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/ligh...hnson-m1944e1/
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List