Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

One of my former partners seized a nicely engraved 1911 which had "For my friend, from Pablo Escobar," in Spanish on the side of the slide. I don't know what eventually happened to it once the case was adjudicated.

Recovered a Beretta over under shotgun tonight, with the barrel sawed off about an inch in front of the handguards. Absolutely gorgeous wood and incredible engraving. Whoever had it, left it in their hotel room and the maid found it. The report listed it as a $22,000 shotgun. I put it property as three separate items, hopefully the property room guys don't make a big deal about releasing the receiver and forearm to the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Recovered a Beretta over under shotgun tonight, with the barrel sawed off about an inch in front of the handguards. Absolutely gorgeous wood and incredible engraving. Whoever had it, left it in their hotel room and the maid found it. The report listed it as a $22,000 shotgun. I put it property as three separate items, hopefully the property room guys don't make a big deal about releasing the receiver and forearm to the owner.
    I thought of it when the earlier post was up about the over/under that was chopped. Barrel assemblies are often available for fine grade shotguns, as are stocks and other parts. Some guys end up with several types and gauges of barrels for their guns. My dad used to swap stocks for better grade wood when he found guns that patterned how he wanted.

It shouldnt be too much of a problem to get it back running with a legal set of barrels, considering the overall value of the gun.

Seized gun check in

Two weeks ago. A SCAR, AR pistol, and just shy of 12lbs of weed. Not pictured from the same seizure was another at pistol and a stolen 9mm suppressor.

A week before that we recovered a stolen kimber ultra cdp II with a crimson trace laser.

Last night I got a stainless, railed, beretta 96 vertec that had been reported stolen from Nashville in 2003. Didn't take a pic though.

I'm always curious to see how far and wide stolen firearms travel. We had a gun store burglarized a few years ago and they have been recovered all over the Midwest and always from somebody with Latin King ties. Kind of proves how our local "wanna be" gangsters are actually tied in to the organization.

Right before I left in 2002, one of my co-workers had recovered a stolen H&K 94. For those of you without your HK decoder ring handy, that's the civilian, semi-auto version of the MP-5 with a 16' barrel. The guy that owned it had reported it stolen, actually had a serial number and etc. It turned up a couple towns over, with the barrel, badly shortened, probably with a hacksaw so it stuck out just past the fore end.

They guy was trying to get his gun back, and nobody could figure out a legal way to make it happen. We didn't have the ability to take the barrel out of the receiver, and we couldn't give it back to him as an illegal SBR. I'm guessing he never got it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Why do I never find vintage Thompsons in ditches alongside the highway?
    I happened to be in the Sheriff's Office when the old farmer brought it in and thought the same thing. After taking the schmeiser off that guy the week before I wondered what was next, a BAR or MG42?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Right before I left in 2002, one of my co-workers had recovered a stolen H&K 94. For those of you without your HK decoder ring handy, that's the civilian, semi-auto version of the MP-5 with a 16' barrel. The guy that owned it had reported it stolen, actually had a serial number and etc. It turned up a couple towns over, with the barrel, badly shortened, probably with a hacksaw so it stuck out just past the fore end.

They guy was trying to get his gun back, and nobody could figure out a legal way to make it happen. We didn't have the ability to take the barrel out of the receiver, and we couldn't give it back to him as an illegal SBR. I'm guessing he never got it back.
    Apply male-female measurement and make the barrel 20 inches.

Problem solved?

(ATF will go for it. What can go wrong?)

Site Supporter
    I seem to remember hearing about a similar cut 94. If the barrel was plugged couldn't it be returned to owner for repair?

Can't you weld a barrel extension/shroud on? Like a fake can? Bring it back up to 16"....
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Meth dealer. He bragged to everyone that he had a full auto machine gun. Hanging on the door to his shed (where he lived) was a 10/22 with duct taped upside down 50 round mags, 4-10x scope, laser, light, sling, and folding stock.

"Thug Life"

This was seized along with several grand in cash, a few pounds of meth, and a (no shit) 3' dildo. It was in a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket and it curled around itself.

Convicted felon, just out of the pen. Bag of weed in his pocket and .25 on the kitchen bar. I hook him up for the tiny bit of weed (crooks always go no matter what) and he asks me to get some of his cash to take with him to jail. He leads me to the kitchen pantry where there's a tool box with a bunch of junk. He tells me which drawer to open and I see his Texas Department of Corrections release paperwork and his TDC ID card. There's also a good 20 rounds of loose 12 ga ammo rolling around in the same drawer.

I look behind me and there's a duck gun leaning up in the corner. His old lady tried to say all the guns were hers. C-ya.

User Tag List