Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: No .357 Sig loads on Doc's Recommended List?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ...I think it might even help some people out psychologically. I recall reading a bit about a WWII paratrooper unit and their first contact with a German unit, the Krauts were blazing away at them with an MG42 and Mauser rifles, the writer was issued an M1 carbine, while everyone around him was shooting M1 Garands. He spoke to his gun going "pop, pop, pop..." while everyone shooting at him, or shooting back at the Germans around him, was "Blam!, Blam!, Blam!" or "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!". The author swore if he lived through that fight the first thing he was going to do was get an M1 or a BAR.
    At the risk of further expanding the derail, one of my father's partners/fishing buddies on the DPD had been a Marine at the end of the Korean War, and told me once (during the leave when he didn't believe my photos were really Korea, because there were actual trees) that towards the end when they went on ambush patrols everyone in his squad had a BAR.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
    I am one of the strange ones. I swear I feel less recoil with my G32 gen 3 than my gen 4 g23.
    It's not strange.

I think the 357 recoils differently than the 40. For me, I felt a harder hit on my palm but recovering from muzzle rise was easier. So, in a sense it recoiled harder, but one can also say it was a bit easier to shoot too.

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    Yup. In fact I think Marshal and Sanow did some testing so Doc figured he'd let the real experts handle that one. ..
    Hey, now... don't be casting no dispersions on my heroes!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Expected vs unexpected.

I think it might even help some people out psychologically. I recall reading a bit about a WWII paratrooper unit and their first contact with a German unit, the Krauts were blazing away at them with an MG42 and Mauser rifles, the writer was issued an M1 carbine, while everyone around him was shooting M1 Garands. He spoke to his gun going "pop, pop, pop..." while everyone shooting at him, or shooting back at the Germans around him, was "Blam!, Blam!, Blam!" or "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!". The author swore if he lived through that fight the first thing he was going to do was get an M1 or a BAR.

In the video that the FBI did after the Miami fight Gordon McNeill spoke towards the "pop" of their handguns and the "psychologically devastating" muzzle blast of Platt's Mini 14 that was shooting back at them.
    That makes sense to me. It's also a "in my hands" vs "in their hands" as evidenced by the paratrooper's statement. I'll admit I love revolvers and had to really work hard to convince myself to carry a semi-auto on duty. The noise might be part of that, I find revolvers more psychologically reassuring. It SOUNDS powerful, so it must be.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone else here read the sci-FI short story "The Gun Without A Bang" by Robert Sheckley ?

It's in a book of his short stories titled "Store of Infinity".

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Hey, now... don't be casting no dispersions on my heroes!

I do believe you meant to say...aspersions.

User Tag List