Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of VP40

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Maybe they didn't want people pulling a Sig 320? Meaning then maybe you'd be able to swap a 40 slide out for a 9 and vice versa. Just a trigger pulling monkey with no clue about engineering or design development grasping at straws...
    I don't see how that's a real loss for them, though. Unless there are some silly legal implications I can't wrap my rational mind around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I first saw how beefy the rails were I figured this was coming soon. I wonder when the VP45 will arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I don't see how that's a real loss for them, though. Unless there are some silly legal implications I can't wrap my rational mind around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My only answer is (and I'm an HK man) it's typical HK/German mindset?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Obligatory 'Where is the VP9c' comment.

But seriously: why a 40? From my noob position, it appears LEO (at least here in the US) are going away from the 40. So why introduce a SF 40 at this time?

anyone else notice the recoil? Seemed really snappy when one of those patrol officers let a round off.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    When I first saw how beefy the rails were I figured this was coming soon. I wonder when the VP45 will arrive?
    Yes...the VP45C please...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    anyone else notice the recoil? Seemed really snappy when one of those patrol officers let a round off.
    I saw that one too.

The guy doing the rest of the demos didn't have that issue. But he might have been using a 9mm since the video seems to be for both.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I was hands on with a pre-production VP40 several months ago. It shoots like a VP9... except in .40 .
    Kind of like comparing a Glock 19 and 23. Of course it's a bit snappier, but it's not .357 from a Scandium J frame snappy.
    Nothing memorable about it, like the VP9 is just a well executed polymer service pistol, so is the VP40.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Obligatory 'Where is the VP9c' comment.

But seriously: why a 40? From my noob position, it appears LEO (at least here in the US) are going away from the 40. So why introduce a SF 40 at this time?
    It's called "chasing contracts", especially the Border Patrol, who are firmly in the .40 camp and not leaving it for a while. HK already has them (the largest LE agency in the US) with the P2000, but that's near the end of service life, so they want to keep the business. I think the VP9 takes care of any normal service pistol requirement, but there's a lot of places out there that think they are better off with the .40 and HK will take care of that itch.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's called "chasing contracts", especially the Border Patrol, who are firmly in the .40 camp and not leaving it for a while.
    Don't be so sure about that, there's a big push for 9mm from the instructor side of things.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List