Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: 1-4 and 1-6 optics discussion

The Kahles still trounces these in FOV. I'm really surprised the 34mm ATACR version doesn't have more.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    What good-guy category is Nightforce under on Expertcity?
    I got in under fire, and I can see Nightforce, although this was admittedly a new thing to me, probably noticed them within the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    https://www.eurooptic.com/blog/post/...8x-riflescopes

Click links in blog to see prices. $1.7k for nx8. $2.7k for ATCAR version.

Nx8 version same length/weight as 1-4 NXS scope. ATCAR version is same length/weight as 2.5-10x42 NXS.

Don’t know how anybody will keep them on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Love these. Cant afford them, but I do love them...

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It's happening: http://www.nightforceoptics.com/nx8/nx8-1-8x24-f1

17 oz. for a durable 1-8x seems pretty wild. Very excited to see real world performance.
    That's great news.

Thanks for reminding me how broke I am and how utterly unreachable that will be.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    https://www.eurooptic.com/blog/post/...8x-riflescopes

Click links in blog to see prices. $1.7k for nx8. $2.7k for ATCAR version.

Nx8 version same length/weight as 1-4 NXS scope. ATCAR version is same length/weight as 2.5-10x42 NXS.

Don’t know how anybody will keep them on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have a thread dedicated to the new Nightforce 1-8 here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....1-8-discussion
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    The Kahles still trounces these in FOV. I'm really surprised the 34mm ATACR version doesn't have more.
    Because the Kahles is SFP and the NF is FFP.

FFP has design limitations. Its very much related to the distance of the reticle from the objective and the realistic diameter of the erector lenses.

You could, in effect, get equivalent FOV by making the entire system longer. Optics design is all about give and take and deciding whats important in level of priority at the onset of an optical design for a riflescope.

SFP is ALWAYS going to excel in the FOV category until lens technology advances. Concepts are there, just not yet in the sizes to benefit a rifle mounted opto mechanical system.

Has the latest Vortex Razor Gen II-E 1-6x24 been discussed anywhere? I looked around and couldn't find anything. Updated for 2018, they've cut the weight, which seems to be the only universal complaint about the Razor Gen II 1-6, from 25.2oz to a more respectable 21.5oz.

I've found a Vortex dealer, that after semi-storewide 12%off promotion code, the Gen II-E can be had for $1232 with free shipping.

I've been after a new LPVO for about two years, as evident by all my other comments in this thread. I just can't seem to get over the compromises of each I've considered. The weight of the Razor Gen II kept me from buying one, but the new Gen II-E may solve that.

1-4 and 1-6 optics discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Has the latest Vortex Razor Gen II-E 1-6x24 been discussed anywhere? I looked around and couldn't find anything. Updated for 2018, they've cut the weight, which seems to be the only universal complaint about the Razor Gen II 1-6, from 25.2oz to a more respectable 21.5oz.

I've found a Vortex dealer, that after semi-storewide 12%off promotion code, the Gen II-E can be had for $1232 with free shipping.

I've been after a new LPVO for about two years, as evident by all my other comments in this thread. I just can't seem to get over the compromises of each I've considered. The weight of the Razor Gen II kept me from buying one, but the new Gen II-E may solve that.
    IMO people way overplayed the “weight issue” of the Gen II. It scared me away from it until I stopped worrying about asinine crap and just bought one and started using it. Yes it’s heavier than my T2 was, but all the weight is over the center of the rifle so it’s really not noticeable, and on the positive side it drastically increases the effectiveness of the rifle.

ETA: for those complaining about the weight, If an AR-15 with a Razor 1-6 on top is too heavy then you need to hit the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 02-26-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    IMO people way overplayed the “weight issue” of the Gen II. It scared me away from it until I stopped worrying about asinine crap and just bought one and started using it. Yes it’s heavier than my T2 was, but all the weight is over the center of the rifle so it’s really not noticeable, and on the positive side it drastically increases the effectiveness of the rifle.

ETA: for those complaining about the weight, If an AR-15 with a Razor 1-6 on top is too heavy then you need to hit the gym.

Mr. G, think about a knife that is very out of balance. Way to thick blade and no counter balance to the handle. This is what a heavy scope can do to a rifle. So its not completely about athleticism. Its also how the weapon balances in response to the added weight. For example, my Elcan Specter was GREAT on my SCAR17. But it was a brick on a stick on other rifles. It dramatically unbalanced other rifles and I would never run it on them.

User Tag List