Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-4 and 1-6 optics discussion

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Anyone here have any experience with the new Trijicon VCOG optics? It looks a really well made and versatile scope... But then again I know nothing about magnified optics. Would something like this be overkill on a standard chrome lined 14.5" mid length?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Anyone here have any experience with the new Trijicon VCOG optics? It looks a really well made and versatile scope... But then again I know nothing about magnified optics. Would something like this be overkill on a standard chrome lined 14.5" mid length?
    I think it has terrible diopter shift. SWFA's shop employees agreed when I stopped by, and suggested setting diopter at 3X to minimize it. Another prominent retailer also agreed on the issue. They went so far as to think theirs was broken and grabbed another, which also exhibited it. Other online reviews have also stated so, as well. I am not a fan.

I managed to do some shooting with FC3G. I like it. The reticle is big/bold enough that illumination is irrelevant. I actually found it to be a bit easier to use on 1X compared to MK6 TMR. Despite having illumination, it wasn't quite bright (even on max) and the FFP reticle is a bit smallish.

Ordered an accupower grn milsq, local dealer hooked me up.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Ordered an accupower grn milsq, local dealer hooked me up.
    nice!

Site Supporter
    Does anyone here have experience with segmented circle reticles?

I'm considering one for a 1-4 Accupower.

Site Supporter
    I had the reticle swapped on my Leupold VX6 to the CMR2 reticle. I like the reticle, but I wish the horseshoe was a little bit larger. It would be more useful on 1x and less distracting on 6x. I also think it would have been nice to maintain the firedot illumination, even if it meant a slightly thicker vertical stadia line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I was just reading through the thread again and wanted to get a general consensus on what low power variables are considered suitable for "combat"

I saw Kevin B, SLG, and 00bullitt make mention about optics being or not being combat optics.

I assume the Nightforce NXS line and the S&B are such type optics

I want to move to a variable optic on my rifle but have a hard time switching from my Aimpoint to one unless it is a known robust optic such as the NF or S&B.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I was just reading through the thread again and wanted to get a general consensus on what low power variables are considered suitable for "combat"

I saw Kevin B, SLG, and 00bullitt make mention about optics being or not being combat optics.

I assume the Nightforce NXS line and the S&B are such type optics

I want to move to a variable optic on my rifle but have a hard time switching from my Aimpoint to one unless it is a known robust optic such as the NF or S&B.
    I would add the Trijicon Accupoints and the Kahles / Swarovski offerings.

The Kahles k16i absolutely is, and I'd probably take a chance on the Swarovski.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List