Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-4 and 1-6 optics discussion

1-4 and 1-6 optics discussion

Just like the title says ,opinions and suggestions on current 1-4 and 1-6 power optic choices.

I am really interested in the trijicon accupower right now. I have been mostly debating between the trijicon and nightforce offerings.

SWFA has a really nice 1-6x illuminated for right at $1000.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Im personally interested in one for my version/vision of a "general purpose AR-15" and later down the road a .308 battle rifle.

My next purchase will most likely be a 1-6x leupy multigun optic. I just finished a review on a USO SR8c (1-8x) and I have owned other 1-4x optics (currently have an SR4c). It depends on what you want out of the optic and for what reason you need it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    My next purchase will most likely be a 1-6x leupy multigun optic. I just finished a review on a USO SR8c (1-8x) and I have owned other 1-4x optics (currently have an SR4c). It depends on what you want out of the optic and for what reason you need it.
    what leupold is that?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    what leupold is that?
    I would guess the VX-6 with the SPR reticle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    I would guess the VX-6 with the SPR reticle.
    The newer VX-6 Multigun comes with the CMR2 reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The newer VX-6 Multigun comes with the CMR2 reticle.
    Interesting!

I have experience with three - The Millet 1-4x DMS, a Burris 1-4x TAC30, and the older Vortex 1-4x Razor.

The Millet was literally crap right out of the box. The scope cap fell off when I was unpacking it and would not thread back on. It was returned immediately and I purchased the Burris. For the money spent, the Burris has held up really well. It was on my "do-all" carbine for 4 years and is now on my wife's carbine. The glass is clear but not what a higher ended scope like the Vortex Razor, Nightforce, Leupold, etc. offer.

The Vortex was purchased used. It had seen a lot of use on a 3-gun rifle and it has been on my carbine for a year and a half without any issues.

I see a lot of the Vortex Viper 1-4 PST models at 3-gun matches and they seem to be holding up well.

If I could find a decent deal on a good 1-6 or 1-8x then I would probably do the upgrade.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List