Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: To muzzle or not to muzzle

Not to derail, and mods feel free to break this into a separate thread (or beat me if it's posted somewhere already and I missed it), but I'm a TAD confused by some of the terminology and descriptions of ready positions. I would be eternally grateful if someone would post photos of all the various ready positions discussed (low ready, compressed low ready, low ready #x???, high ready, compressed high ready, etc). In a perfect world, it would be awesome to have a visual representation of these positions, including showing shooter/target perspective, to help me understand some of the nuances being discussed.

Before I get crucified, I know the limitations of a two dimensional "snap shot" of a three dimensional dynamic event, but at least I'd understand what everyone is talking about in "ready position" threads.

Then those photos should be stickified so we all are working off a common operating picture when these discussions come up.

But, I've worked about 125 hours in the last two weeks on a bunch of cases that are blowing up simultaneously, so I might just be exceptionally dense right now...

Wrote the latest drill of the week specifically to work on some of the physical skills addressed in this thread.

DotW: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Challenges-Dry
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I would be eternally grateful if someone would post photos of all the various ready positions discussed (low ready, compressed low ready, low ready #x???, high ready, compressed high ready, etc).
    Ditto.

Likewise for the various positions that are sometimes referred to as "unready" positions, e.g. "Sul".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Do you guys not have active imaginations? Or are you trollin?
    I have an active imagination and zero relevant experience. I suppose I could self-identify as an SME. Stay tuned for my dissertation.

I do not want to divert the thread, but I am wondering how a pistol-mounted light impacts muzzling people. I am no expert, but I find myself unconsciously moving the gun to get light onto the person/item that has my focus. I have to make a concerted effort to keep the pistol where I want it, not where my eyes want the light.

That's the big problem with searching with a WML.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I think every cop in this discussion who has worked an active jurisdiction for awhile will agree that me on this one; if I had shot all of the people I could have legally shot then I would have never gotten anything else done, I'd be stuck in one OIS investigation after another.

Some people you need to shoot right now, many you may shoot, but you give them that extra second off the end of your gun for them to rethink doing stupid shit. That right there is when my muzzle tends to be covering meat, normally at about pelvis level or so, depending on how we are oriented.
    Yup.

JR1572

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    SouthNarc has a memory like an elephant, and reminds us of this:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tol-at-someone
    That thread really should be read very carefully all the way through as it contains some exceptional information and input from a number of intelligent folks and answers a whole lot of questions posed in this one.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List