Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another American Classic Gunleather home run

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice leather.

There's just something about quality stuff that is unstated cool.

Does American Classic Gunleather have a web site?
    Last edited by UNK; 08-16-2015 at 09:07 PM.

No, but i think he has a Facebook page.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Being newly registered and an old cop who worked from 1971 to 2003 I can say your DS in an earlier thread and the 2" 15s and the Brill rig with the cartridge slide were the uniform of the day if you had the whiskers to be an investigator or work plainclothes.Nice rigs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I asked American Frontier Classic Gunleather to build me two special holsters. I recently bought a pristine 2" Model 15 with Grashorn stag grips. This presented some holster challenges. I asked Alex to do a Basketweave Brill style holster for the gun and a cartridge slide. I wanted something that reminded me of an old detective I worked with who carried a 2" Model 15. It was a good size to not hang under the bottom of a suit or jacket in a OWB holster, but also shot like a service size gun. He was an older guy who got away with murder with the ladies because they thought he was cute, rather than a dirty old cop. He came from an era when guys could really shoot well on the bullseye courses and the 2" Model 15 was a good choice. I just wanted a "Texas version". Alex low cut the front of the holster to handle the rear sight.
    This is what we called a court rig. I have yet to find anyone having an openly armed BBQ since moving to Texas. What I have seen are Court Rigs. Even in California, as a lawman I had some very nice distinctive rigs I wore openly to court. This was especially true when testifying as a firearms expert. A Texas Lawman in the 70's would have been proud to wear this to court or while working as an investigator. Great gun that now has great leather (the picture doesn't do the leather or gun justice). I will post the other rig later as it has it's own story.
    The Smython and now this.... You're killing me! Love it all... and maybe you need to host the BBQ! Or rather have Hard 8 get it done!!
    Johnny Walker

We had Hard 8 cater the Revolver Round Up in October......you ll need to mark your calendar for next year.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List