Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another American Classic Gunleather home run

Another American Classic Gunleather home run

I asked American Frontier Classic Gunleather to build me two special holsters. I recently bought a pristine 2" Model 15 with Grashorn stag grips. This presented some holster challenges. I asked Alex to do a Basketweave Brill style holster for the gun and a cartridge slide. I wanted something that reminded me of an old detective I worked with who carried a 2" Model 15. It was a good size to not hang under the bottom of a suit or jacket in a OWB holster, but also shot like a service size gun. He was an older guy who got away with murder with the ladies because they thought he was cute, rather than a dirty old cop. He came from an era when guys could really shoot well on the bullseye courses and the 2" Model 15 was a good choice. I just wanted a "Texas version". Alex low cut the front of the holster to handle the rear sight.
    This is what we called a court rig. I have yet to find anyone having an openly armed BBQ since moving to Texas. What I have seen are Court Rigs. Even in California, as a lawman I had some very nice distinctive rigs I wore openly to court. This was especially true when testifying as a firearms expert. A Texas Lawman in the 70's would have been proud to wear this to court or while working as an investigator. Great gun that now has great leather (the picture doesn't do the leather or gun justice). I will post the other rig later as it has it's own story.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The gun....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Very nice leather and steel right there.
    A square butt 2 inch K just seems right.

One word: classy.

Have a couple of those. Looking for one in nickel.
    For my money they feel a hair better than my 2.5 inch M19 and M66.
    One had Pachmayr grips on it. The other still has the S&W wood grips but that
    may change.

Last year one or the other of them was along on almost every range trip
    I made.

I understand that they were the hot ticket for the snubby stages in PPC matches
    back in the day. I can see why as lots of people claim they shoot like four-inch M15s
    instead of snubs.

For some reason the original post didn't all appear when I opened this thread.
    If it had, I would not have repeated the stuff about PPC matches and the short M15.

Also would have commented on the holster. Nice. Real nice.

Site Supporter
    VERY nice.

My first Chief carried a 2" model 15 when the rest of the department was issued a model 66, he kind of grandfathered himself. He would chew the center out of the B27 on the quals using that same gun.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Extremely nice pistol and rig, and I think those grips go very well with it. Wish they still made short barrel Model 15's.

A 2" M-15 has always been one of my favorite wheelguns, and that is one nice looking rig for a classic revolver.

On my recent trip to the west coast I scored another poor unwanted 2" Model 15 out of a gunshop. It shoots REALLY good. A set of Spegel extended boots makes the gun.

User Tag List