Walther P99c 9mm
    CCC TUF OWB holster
    CCC BMC
    124 gr Montana Gold JHP handloads

Run 1 (I really suck):

5 hits, 28.87 seconds, score = .173

Run 2 (I sucked a little bit less):

11 hits, 34.51 seconds, score = .319

Observations: Shooting 2" dots is humbling. My reloads, at least today, were awful; had I been using a gun which held 12 or more rounds, my times would have been ~6 seconds lower due to my 3+ second reload times. I'm not quite sure what caused me to be so slow on the reloads, but later on, I ran some 1 R 1 and 1 R 2, and the reloads were in the 2.5 second range, which is still not good, but noticeably better. On the second run, I slowed down significantly shooting and got a lot more hits, including 3 rounds touching each other in the #2 dot. My takeaways are that I need to work on visual patience and reloading faster/less fumbly.
    Maybe start another thread which shows your reload and we can figure out how to make it a little quicker!

Equipment used: Vest, Safariland ALS strong side holster, Glock 23 with LWD 9mm conversion barrel, American Eagle 147 grain ammuniiton

Number of hits: 1st Run 9; 2nd Run 9

Times: 1st run 14.55; 2nd run 13.07

Final score: .65

These drills of the week are excellent, especially for keeping me humble. Keeps me motivated to practice for sure.

Gen 4 G34, Blade-Tech OWB, no concealment
    Hits: 12 + 8
    Times: 12.02 + 11.56
    Total Score: 20 / 23.58 = 0.85

The second string was frustrating, but typical for what I've struggled with recently. Not having shot this drill previously, and not reading through the earlier posts beforehand, I didn't really have any concept of what a "good time" for me would be or how it would "feel" (like how you kinda already know in advance what cadence you can maintain doing a 7 yard Bill Drill...you can usually get away with shooting it by feel rather than truly seeing the sights...bad habit). I shot the first string clean in a respectable amount of time. In retrospect, I'd say I shot the first half as well as I am currently capable of: I wasn't drilling out the center of each hole dot drill style as I did have a time constraint, and some shots were touching the line but they were on the inner side, meaning I was using up the majority of my wiggle room. For the second string though, I guess I tried to push a little faster just for the sake of going faster rather than trusting myself to make the hits and let the time be what it was. Shaved off half a second while dropping four shots...not worth it.

Beretta 92 Elite II, AIWB Holster, Blackhawk mag pouches, button down shirt for concealment.

I live in Canada, so we have to use 10 round mags. I had to reload twice for this drill.

Number of Hits: 18
    Times: 14.73, 15.11 = 29.84
    Total score: 18/24.84 = 0.60

Left to right:

Right to left:

User Tag List