Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: New 9 mm ammo testing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Is there any data out yet on the new Speer Gold Dot G2 147 gr 9mm loading yet? This one definitely has my interest.
    I've noticed that Doc has listed the G2 load on the list of suggested duty loads, but apparently due to terms of an NDA, he hasn't put up the testing results. I'm hoping he can furnish that information soon.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I wasn't aware he was under a NDA, so I will wait until such time as he's able to elaborate w/o violating the
    NDA.

I will wait for the results to be released. But I have a feeling the test results may be impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I wasn't aware he was under a NDA, so I will wait until such time as he's able to elaborate w/o violating the
    NDA.

I will wait for the results to be released. But I have a feeling the test results may be impressive...
    I've been told by other sources than DocGKR (I've not spoken to him about the G2 at all.) that the 147 GDG2 is going to be the new hotness. For it's first trick out of the gate I believe it will be adopted by a large agency that is currently moving to 9mm.

We'll see.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    I've been told by other sources than DocGKR (I've not spoken to him about the G2 at all.) that the 147 GDG2 is going to be the new hotness. For it's first trick out of the gate I believe it will be adopted by a large agency that is currently moving to 9mm.

We'll see.
    The F=emale B=ody I=nspectors ?

Can't wait until we can get this stuff at the local watering holes.
    Energy goes where attention flows.

If it ends up being the new FBI load, the only downside will be availability. It will take a moment or two to fulfill the FBI's order.

Either way, I am very interested in the test results of this load.

The Gold Dot G2 should be announced at the 2015 SHOT Show and available after SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The Gold Dot G2 should be announced at the 2015 SHOT Show and available after SHOT.

I have 2 boxes of this load in hand and have shot a 3rd its pretty good on cars and glass and accuracy has been very good as well in blocks 1911 and cz i have used it in

rumor mill also has a new load in 9mm coming as well i won't say much more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Doc has also tested the Critical Duty rounds and posted those tests., along with a wealth of other info.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...=critical+duty
    Note that since that thread Doc has put the CD on his nice list. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...=critical+duty

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The 115 gr +P+ GD did not do that great in our testing; the 124 gr/124 gr +P GD has better penetration and expansion characteristics.
    Dredging up old thread I know...

Doc, do you have the info on the 115 gr +P+ GD vs the 124 gr/124 gr +P/147 gr GD? I'd like to show it to a friend that is considering the 115 gr +P+ GD as his duty load.

Last edited by Velo Dog; 06-21-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: bad link

User Tag List