Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sig is bringing the P225 back.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I don't have a definitive answer...

I was on the horn with Sig CS this am for something unrelated and figured I'd resolve this for the PF braintrust. According to the CS rep I spoke with, [grain of salt, grain of salt] the P225-A1 uses the 239 version of the slide lock lever part. So you guys wanting a reduced one will be relegated to your own devices at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    And I cannot wait to know what you are wearing for lunch today... :-)

Pocket protector with pens and pencils and other contacting officer pencil neck geek stuff.....Oh, and a 239 tucked under my shirt.

Well, I couldn't see it... so excellent. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Pocket protector with pens and pencils and other contacting officer pencil neck geek stuff.....Oh, and a 239 tucked under my shirt.
    do you find the p239 easier to conceal than a g19?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Bigger in width?
    Height. It's slightly taller than a G19. By just eye balling it I would say width is the same or close enough it shouldn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the P239 MUCH easier to hide than the G19. That doesn't mean I can't conceal a G19. I've carried the 19 and 17 a lot over the years. I carry strong side IWB and the square shape of the Glock slide really catches cover garments. The lighter the cover garment, such as a t-shirt in summer, the more this is an issue, For Me.

The rounded slide of the SIG doesn't catch the garment like the square Glock slide does.
    Last edited by LSP552; 03-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.

I know this was in no way directed at me, but I do use 239 in a JMCK IWB version 2 a good bit in the summer months when my cover garments get lighter and lighter. It conceals wonderfully, noticeably better than any double stack I've tried with near identical holsters and the same shirts.

This, for me, is the role the 239 is absolutely perfect for. I get to keep a 9mm semi auto, that I shoot far better on any measure of skills test than a j frame, but get improved concealment compared to double stacks when I'm using light summer clothes. Yes it's only an issue about 3 months a year. Yes, I could just pack a j frame. But I think the little SIG is worth it. Obviously, I'm a huge fan of the 239, and I sincerely hope the new 225A1 doesn't kill it off.

Interesting discussion there; IMO, the smaller, lighter G-43 (with an 8 right magazine with an original +2 bottom... the new magazine bottoms are damned larger) make quite a bit of carry/shoot size & weight. Again, I have never particularly LIKED Glocks, yet have have carried them daily for 20+ years. Always liked the real trigger pistols, but the lighter, handier size and weight of the Grocks... I got stupid a lot of times.

Between action types, of course. My only issue over the years has bars been that that P239 is just a bit too large for a single stack, IMO. Totally personal, probably not accurate, but there it is.

One thing I have noticed in most disgustion looks are "this is the best" or "this is the best", etc. Ah, no. While I am not too impressed with a Sig these days, those ARE mainly excellent pistols, and they please lots of folks. That is great. Ditto with a few other brands.

At any rate, according to my doc I actually getting back in decent condition... For now.

Simply amazing, I damn sure cannot complain. Quite interesting stuff to read here... Hope it lasts a while for me. :-)

User Tag List