Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Shot You've Ever Witnessed?

What's the Best Shot You've Ever Witnessed?

What platform, how far, conditions, etc.?

I made the best shot I've ever personally seen. I was 13, my sister was 9. She decided to throw some horse apples at me in the pasture. I was carrying my Daisy BB gun. As she started to throw the 2nd, I spun, snapped the BB gun to my shoulder and fired 1 round striking her in the throwing hand while it was moving forward. I hit exactly what I was aiming at. My Dad, who witness the shot was livid, being very much a gun safety guy.

I was severally chastised because I could have "hit her in the eye." The beating started when I said "I wasn't aiming for her eye."

Worked the scene of the aftermath of an armed robbery, bad guy had shot at the clerk inside the store when clerk went for a gun, clerk fired back, they both missed at like eight feet, bad guy took off and was at a dead run 87 yards out when the clerk launched a second 158gr RNL from a Rossi five shot, clipped the bad guy directly in the center of the back of his skull.

We unofficially filed that one under divine intervention.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My best shot also was a BB gun at the age of roughly 8-10. I hit a small bird mid flight over some cat tails while fishing with my dad. My father without missing a beat or looking at me said "Nice shot, kill another bird and you'll clean and eat it". I never imagined I'd hit the damn thing with a Red Ryder on the move at 7-10 yards lol but I'll damn sure never forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a gunner in our company that was able to drop HE rounds on a taliban patrol at 1400 meters (rounds self detonate at 1500) using a stadia reticle and range estimation. Two bursts dropped 8 guys. Witness by most of the company since multiple other LAV's confirmed the location and make up of the patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Worked the scene of the aftermath of an armed robbery, bad guy had shot at the clerk inside the store when clerk went for a gun, clerk fired back, they both missed at like eight feet, bad guy took off and was at a dead run 87 yards out when the clerk launched a second 158gr RNL from a Rossi five shot, clipped the bad guy directly in the center of the back of his skull.

We unofficially filed that one under divine intervention.
    I worked a similar hand of God shooting. Cheated on common law wife comes home and catches cheating husband and girlfriend together. She pulls .25 auto from her purse and places one round just under his eye. Girlfriend decides to leave the premises and is running across the front yard, at night, under some streetlights. The 2nd round hits her square between the shoulder blades at about 15 yards.

Mid 1990's at Angeles Shooting Range, Sylmar, CA (a shooting class on the Tom George range). A called shot with a G-23 striking a 1/2" diameter weed (subsequently measured) at 50 ft 8 inches (also subsequently measured) growing on the side berm. That shot comes to 1.5 MOA and I believe exceeds the design limits of the pistol.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 06-03-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Speling

Best shot I've made: 2009 in Zambia. Very last day of hunt. After stalking a Kafue Flats Lechwe for 3 hours in exhausting thigh high water, I made a full frontal heart shot with a CZ 550 in .375 H&H with a 4x power scope at 305 yards. Dead in one shot. It made #49 all time for Lechwe taken with a rifle in the SCI record book.

Ben Stoeger, at a dead run, shoots a popper at ~20 yards. One handed.

When I was 20 or so, I was shooting clays with a few buddies in Las Cruces. During a break in the shotgunning, I noticed a pigeon about 50 yards away. I drew my HK USP45f and pressed off one DA shot at the bird, and connected with its neck. I was pretty pleased with that.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List