Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Militarization, Canadian Style...

Police Militarization, Canadian Style...

I took a vacation in Montreal and Quebec City this weekend and was taken aback somewhat by the uniforms police wore.

This is a typical example of regular patrol officers I saw.

They also had stickers covering their patrol cars.

I ended up talking to a cop in a restaurant while we were both waiting in line. Apparently both the pants and the stickers are a protest against a pension reform measure. I just thought it was pretty interesting. This wasn't just one or two guys but almost every single officer I saw while I was in Montreal.

As a side note, they issue Walther P99's as their standard pistol, which seemed like an odd choice, but the guy I talked to seemed pretty happy with his. I think they are a cool gun and am surprised they haven't caught on more elsewhere.

Site Supporter
    Those socks keep resetting my OODA loop

Is there a clown military somewhere that I don't know about? I don't care if they took my pension, there's no way I'd wear socks like that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Those socks keep resetting my OODA loop
    Indeed. Zero apparent self respect but get into a shootout and you've seized the advantage. I keep looking back at them wondering if they're even real.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Are they had a Tim Hortons?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Montreal emergency services are big on turning stuff weird colours to, I guess, embarrass the city into negotiating.

When I lived there, the firemen went on some kind of job action in which they painted all the firetrucks stupid colours with powdered tempera paint.

I'm guessing the goal here is to look as stupid and obnoxious as possible without technically violating their contract.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Having spent lots of time wearing tube socks like that with shorts and Superstars I am not sure I'd have an issue wearing that... Maybe a different color and some bright laces on the boots...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I will assume he got those socks off a corpse that was partially sticking out from a recently landed house.

Guess I m the only one who likes the socks.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

It's like the Ferguson PD had a love child with the cat in the hat.

User Tag List