Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Do-All Carbine - More Possible than ever?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I agree but you can't beat the economics of 5.56 right now.
    People say that like 556 is cheap. Of course the other rounds are more expensive but 556 is still what? $0.35 per round or so

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    People say that like 556 is cheap. Of course the other rounds are more expensive but 556 is still what? $0.35 per round or so
    starting to think you really dislike 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    starting to think you really dislike 5.56
    Ha!

No way. I said early it is pretty good with 77gr bullets. I just think its funny when it is refered to as more economical. I mean yes...it is cheaper but it is not cheap.

Perhaps I don't get it as im not someone taking carbine classes 10x a year. I did that stuff in my military daze. Maybe im just over it?

I dont know but I do appreciate this being a very reasonable discussion for a gun forum.

Maybe im just too tactical. Probably not.

No BUIS? That will get you killed on da streetz yo!
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I just think its funny when it is refered to as more economical. I mean yes...it is cheaper but it is not cheap.
    That is quite literally what "more economical" means
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That is quite literally what "more economical" means
    Yes and I said as much...but it doesnt mean "cheap" which is how it is used.

Ive got etymology on lock!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    No BUIS? That will get you killed on da streetz yo!
    Oh that isn't me but I am looking at that can.

Ive got flip up magpul steel sights...which operators do not approve of as the 1/2 second to flip them up with get me killed in them IDPA streets. Death while wearing a fishing vest.

True, and 6.5 G is getting cheaper all the time. Or more economical....

But the only real reason 5.56 won't do everything for me is the occasional elk or black bear, and I already have a rifle for that. Weighed against daily costs and ammo availability it just doesn't make sense. If I started reaching out more it would. I do like the idea of having one rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    True, and 6.5 G is getting cheaper all the time. Or more economical....

But the only real reason 5.56 won't do everything for me is the occasional elk or black bear, and I already have a rifle for that. Weighed against daily costs and ammo availability it just doesn't make sense. If I started reaching out more it would. I do like the idea of having one rifle.
    Similar conversation going on on a 300 Blackout FB page.

It is all about context. I cannot tell someone in the back country in Alaska that 300 Blackout is the best all around caliber. Of course it would not be for him.

I don't think the 300 Blackout is a fad but I don't think it is going to make any other rounds obsolete.

We live in a pretty awesome time when it comes to a wide range of guns and calibers being readily available and relatively affoedable.

Site Supporter
    Yes and I said as much...but it doesnt mean "cheap" which is how it is used.

Ive got etymology on lock!
    I get reasonable amounts of 62 grain .223 at work for free. can't get cheaper than that.

User Tag List