Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Do-All Carbine - More Possible than ever?

I like magnification a lot. My rifles should be able to do anything the round and my ability allow, to take advantage of that I want a 1-4. My rifles double as hunting tools so I like to have a set up that I can use for that and double as a home defense rifle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @nate89, how do you like the sandman-k, I know they are a good bit louder than everything else due to size but does it at least tame some of the flash, blast and edge off the 13.7 5.56? I have been looking at one to drop on a Scar 16s but am unsure.
    I actually really like it. Yes it is louder than my S is, and I was actually surprised at how much flash I got out of it with 55 grain federal bulk ammo. I tried the 62 Fusion, Magtech 77 MK262, and Gold Dots and it was noticeable reduced. I am planning on buying the flash hiding end cap in the near future to try, and I think that will solve the only real complaint I have about it. There is very little blowback due to their only being 3 baffles and the endcap. I was also surprised how much lighter and handier the rifle feels compared to when the s in mounted. With the can being on the end of the barrel, every ounce taken off really helps. Especially with the "HPA" lowered MSRP going on right now I would absolutely jump on the K right now.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    So do I and so do I. But I do it. I can't begin to tell you how all that doesn't matter when you're clearing buildings and such. I'll give you that being in the Navy I don't go on 20 mile hikes, but I've been geared up for over 24 hours with plates, done 14 hour patrol days (both ATFP and LE), small boat ops, and the fastest I've ever run in my life was in a full kit. I'm not a fast runner either, but I out ran people who routinely beat my ass on the track.

You condition yourself to your equipment or you fail. It's that simple. I'll be the first to tell you I wear a tee shirt and gym shorts in the house when I don't have to go anywhere, and I enjoy my lazy time. But when I'm working I'm working. Be it 1 hour or this 6 month deployment I'm on.

I'm not a badass either. I'm a regular dude, who's never seen combat or had to press a trigger in anger so far.
    I agree with you. As an aviation technician, I have to carry tools around all day, so I know what you mean. We do what we gotta do to get the job done. My point is, being in shape does not make a heavy AR better. It just makes carrying it easier.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-24-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

To me a Do All Carbine covers the widest spectrum of uses. This leads me to the 308 realm.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I agree with you. As an aviation technician, I have to carry tools around all day, so I know what you mean. We do what we gotta do to get the job done. My point is, being in shape does not make a heavy AR better. It just makes carrying it easier.
    I see what you're saying. I don't think a super light rifle is good either. Some dudes will run a super light pencil barrel rifle just because it's light. But it won't do everything, conversely using my MR556 with the Accupower 1-8 won't be good for everything. IT's a delicate balance for sure. And you have to be good with the rifle. It's all mission requirements. If you need a VPO with some ass, and a rifle with multiple capabilities (light, DBAL ect) then you have to deal with it, run it, and get strong if necessary.

It's just what you're doing with it and what "Do it all" means to you. I'm not a 3 gun shooter, so "Do it all" means range toy, Home Defense, Truck gun, and it has to be "urban night ops" capable. I have to be able to deal with an animal, all the way up to foreign invasion red dawn scenario (lol) and civil unrest (much more likely).

User Tag List