Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wind sprints and training

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would tend to agree that there is nothing inherently wrong with dietary fat...it is just calorically dense and consequently harder to portion correctly.

To get good fat levels, I have(atleast) one big salad and day,with avocado and olive oil as dressing+ other green garden things, and get the rest from almonds/pestashios as snack/go food. With a scale,some honesty and some math you can get your fats which makes grocery shopping easier.

The classic idea of restricting fat, no matter its type, where it was derived from, or what processes it was involved in prior to consumption, is simply wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG. Aside from poly- and mono- unsaturated fats; saturated and trans- fats; essential fatty-acids Omega 3's, 6's, and 9's (and their effects on the body); cholesterol and human hormones (testosterone levels); fats are a key energy source and absolutely essential to the proper and healthy function of the human body. The right ones need to be taken in. The wrong ones need to be differentiated and restricted. Don't eliminate them entirely. That would be silly.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I can't imagine that anyone would eliminate fats entirely from their diet, or even that they would try...although despite strongly misanthropic leanings I do still get surprised by the dumb things I see people attempt. If you primarily eat processed fatty foods, you will have problems...if your sources of fats are healthy foods and not consumed in excessive quantity then it is a good thing.

User Tag List