Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P30 fails to lock back

I'm a lefty too. I loved the P30 but after months of trying to adjust my grip I had to give up. I suppose that trimming off the right side slide release would have fixed the problem but I just went back to the G19 where the problem wasn't there to begin with.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Sorry for the Holy Thread Resurrection, but I did a search on my issue from the range yesterday, and this was the closest one I found.

I thought instead of generating a new thread for my VP9, I'd ask here, since from what I understand the P30 and VP9 slides are "similar".

Anyways, short story: yesterday I had 4 cases of Failure to Lock Back in about 200 rounds of shooting 6 magazines. Each time, it was the last round in the magazine. Looking around the internet, it seems that the most likely cause of my issue was me resting my thumb on the slide release lever.

Now, with me being left handed, in particular, my question is, are there any grip adjustments I need to watch out for in order to avoid this on my VP9?

The gun was bought new in March, and has about 400 rounds. No modifications, just Trijicon HD sights on it. I've just followed the Operator's Manual as far as field strip and clean, and I use Fireclean exclusively.

Thanks in advance.

PS If the mods want to lock this thread, I'll be happy to open a new one and let this one die back.
    Load one to two rounds in several magazines, shoot one handed with your thumb away from the slide release. If you don't have an issue then it's your grip.

Modify your grip as needed to prevent it happening in the future. With several types of guns I have to modify my grip slightly to get them to function reliably. If it's your strong hand thumb resting on the slide release, I would recommend placing it on your weak hand thumb joint thingamabob.

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    Load one to two rounds in several magazines, shoot one handed with your thumb away from the slide release. If you don't have an issue then it's your grip.

Modify your grip as needed to prevent it happening in the future. With several types of guns I have to modify my grip slightly to get them to function reliably. If it's your strong hand thumb resting on the slide release, I would recommend placing it on your weak hand thumb joint thingamabob.
    Excellent. This is just what I was looking for, thanks a bunch.

Rich

Site Supporter
    Rich,

I run the large side panels with the medium rear panel, and that seems to help me avoid the slide release. I also roll my strong hand thumb over my weak hand (I am a lefty). Try the grip shown in this blog:

http://victran.tumblr.com/post/55009...-sauer-is-well

Bill Rogers showed me that grip. I have to use it even on a Glock. Works well on P30, HK45, HK USP 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Rich,

I run the large side panels with the medium rear panel, and that seems to help me avoid the slide release. I also roll my strong hand thumb over my weak hand (I am a lefty). Try the grip shown in this blog:

http://victran.tumblr.com/post/55009...-sauer-is-well
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Bill Rogers showed me that grip. I have to use it even on a Glock. Works well on P30, HK45, HK USP 45.
    Thanks, got it. Will give this all a try next opportunity.

Rich

User Tag List