Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 fails to lock back

P30 fails to lock back

I love my P30 but one thing I can't stand is the slide failing to lock back when empty.

I know it's my grip and I'm sure a lot of you just adjusted your grip, and put your thumb on top of your support hand.

I'm thinking of either modifying the lever by shortening it or using a p2000/hk45 slide lock release. I feel if it was shorter my thumb wouldn't be on it but I also want to be able to release the slide fairly easy for reloads.

Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JRas View Post
    I love my P30 but one thing I can't stand is the slide failing to lock back when empty.

I know it's my grip and I'm sure a lot of you just adjusted your grip, and put your thumb on top of your support hand.

I'm thinking of either modifying the lever by shortening it or using a p2000/hk45 slide lock release. I feel if it was shorter my thumb wouldn't be on it but I also want to be able to release the slide fairly easy for reloads.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Even though I have adjusted my grip to make sure my strong hand thumb is placed on my support hand I still had the occasional failure to lock back. Taking JodyH's lead I shortened the slide release lever and that seems to have mostly taken care of the issue. Also ordered a slim slide release set for a P2000 from HK which is shorter and slimmed down on both sides and should alleviate the issue entirely. Time will tell.

Name:  today 001.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  46.5 KB
    Last edited by JohnN; 08-31-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added picture

Site Supporter
    I had this problem a lot when I first started using the gun. I adjusted my grip (strong hand thumb over support hand) and it has 99% fixed my problem. From time to time when I get tired/lazy or am working on speed my grip will slip and I'll get a failure to lock back. For the most part, however, changing my grip and doing lots of dry fire to instill this grip has worked fine.

i had the same issue when i first got my p30. i worked on my grip some and it helped but i dont get to shoot my p30 as much as i'd like (then again who does?) so i will still occasionally have it happen. if i shot the p30 more i'd probably go the route suggested and change out the lever.

I'm going to try to order those slim releases.

I'd prefer to have something that is made for the gun. I know on the HK45 you remove the slide release to disassemble, as on the P30 you just pull it out enough.

The slide release from the P2000 is the same as the P30, other than lever length, and is interchangeable.

I attempted to call Hk this morning before I went to work. I figured it should be easy to give them some of my money.

I call and it says all our service representatives are busy doing inventory and they will be closed until the September 6th...

I attempted to contact someone in sales, which led me to an answering machine of someone on vacation.

Both operators told me to leave a message and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I dialed in the extension, "messages not being accepted".

Hk
    "Because you suck, and we hate you."
    Last edited by JRas; 09-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.

When I checked on HKParts.net to see if they had one, there was a note that stated you have to remove the lever in order to remove the slide.

Might be easier to just cut down the p30 lever.

These are the parts that I ordered:

SLIDE RELEASE LEVER, SLIM, P2000 PC 1 /PC

SLIDE RELEASE LEVER, RIGHT, SLIM, P2000 PC /

Have patience, I am sure the CS reps don't like taking inventory any more than you liked receiving that message.

As I understand it the the left slide release does come off as opposed to being captured in the P30. No big deal to me but YMMV.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

HK has an inventory?!

Certainly fooled the rest of us..........

User Tag List