Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll call stories.

Roll call stories.

So here's an idea.

Poleese. Guys like Cody and MDS are genuine and well intentioned. I think they want to understand what you guys do. Here's what I would like you to do for them. Tell them your stories. Tell them what frustrates you. About the public, about the bosses, about your peers. All of it. Tell them about the good you did on shift last night. Let this thread be a journal. Much like Kevin Spacey's composition books in Seven, let this truly be the random out-pouring of your mind.

Moderators. For this to work the way I want it to, you are going to have to keep the non-LE posting limited to questions about the stories themselves. There can absolutely be no opining or judgement about what these guys say. And it's going to have to be actively monitored.
    If the public wants to understand what these guys do then the first step is to listen, warts and all.

Yes or no?

**EDIT by Moderator**

Since this thread has began there's been a lot of good stories that both humanize law enforcement and give a peek behind the curtain. It has been a constant issue to enforce the above rules, though. I understand the desire for conversation to flow organically and for people to tell their own stories, etc. As such, I've created a specific thread for that here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....747#post770747

All of the same rules apply. The thread will not be held to the "technical forum" standard, but the rules above about no judgement, etc. remain. It is also not the place to talk about your interactions with LE, the time you got a ticket, etc.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 08-05-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Yes!!! Oh wait, you weren't asking me. My bad. Delete!
    www.FrontSightPress.com
    | Centered and Even |

Oh boy...this'll be good.

You rock Tiff!!

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Oh boy...this'll be good.
    So why don't you start? Tell these guys a story.

Site Supporter
    I love the idea of this, for what it's worth.

This will be epic. Looking forward to lurking.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    So why don't you start? Tell these guys a story.
    Oh, I will bro. Let me get settled at home and I will give my first, but not last, story about how pissing off a police chief can go for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Oh, I will bro. Let me get settled at home and I will give my first, but not last, story about how pissing off a police chief can go for you.
    Looking forward to it stud!

User Tag List