Thread: My review of the Street Encounter Skills class from FPF Training

My review of the Street Encounter Skills class from FPF Training

And it rocked. Not high speed nor low drag, just tons and tons of common sense on avoiding the fight, how to handle confrontations, and even a few hours of shooting. John is a member of this forum and local to Northern VA. He's our kind of people.

My review.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I like John's classes, he's a good guy.

FYI: There's a typo in the last paragraph, FPP rather than FPF.

Got it, thanks.
    #RESIST

Great review, Bax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've taken several of his classes, including Street Encounter Skills, and always walk away a smarter person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I didn't get to see John's class in Memphis last time at the Rangemaster conference, but I heard from several people that it was excellent.

Ref being a "student"; John drove up to my OC spray class in Pittsburgh, which I found really humbling that he took the time to do so. It does show his level of dedication to the art in that he is in fact a student and always looking to improve.

I look forward to training with him some time.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Great review! Wish he teaches in Texas.

I took an FPF Training course in May 2013 and found John's instructional style very thoughtful, memorable and inspiring. Lots of realistic problem-solving with keen mindset, repeatable application of fundamentals, solid marksmanship, and, not least, a focus on avoidance as one of several useful self-preservation strategies.

Thanks for this post---I have been eyeing this exact course and feel now that I definitely need to take it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My review of the same classes:

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/05/14/fp...ounter-skills/

John is a pretty impressive fellow. I've watched him tweak his program over the last few years incorporating new information and ideas and he's always on the lookout for a better way to do things. He understands the outcome he's looking for in his students and he is good at coaching them along to that. A lot of instructors aren't very good at coaching, but he is.

As I said in the review, I wouldn't hesitate to send my family to his classes, especially Foundations and Street Encounters because I think they're solid, well-developed programs that are likely enough for most people while at the same time being a good foundation that one can build on if they wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Great review! Wish he teaches in Texas.
    From what I understand John is going to be going on the road more in the near future...so you could probably arrange to have him come to your area
    3/15/2016

User Tag List