Thread: Grip problem - weak hand

Grip problem - weak hand

Having problem with a support hand (left). Actually with every shot it moves a bit and after 5-6 shot string I loose my grip completely. Tried to grip harder, easier - no chance...
    Some suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Hans

Someone else linked this video by Ernest Langdon on grip. At the end around 15:30 he mentions what you can do to try and help prevent losing the grip.

Hope this helps.

Lots of dryfire gripping the gun very hard to build your grip strength. Within several months you should have noticeable recoil control improvement.

Do you go to the gym and lift weights?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

How is your hand strength?

What firearm? What glove size are your hands? The relation between these things can make a difference, and your gripping technique may need to change to account for this.

If you could get someone to take pics of you gripping the pistol, I bet you can get some good critiques and better advice overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My firearm is cz 75sp01 Shadow. Glove size 9. I use thin checked metal grips.

If the gun is slipping around in your hand, there are three things you can work on:

1. Texture -- Increase friction between the gun and your hand - different grips on the gun, adding grip tape to contact points, stippling of polymer guns, even some grip-enhancing hand lotion stuff.
    2. Force -- Increase force used to grip. This will take time to build up and develop. There are a few discussions on grip strength around here.
    3. Technique -- Improve the interface between your hands and the gun by altering the way you grip it. Achieving more contact by getting your hand(s) wrapped differently and/or improving the distribution of force through your hand so the gun doesn't flop around as much. Getting a poor grip interface between the way my left (support) hand fits in on the gun and around my right/strong hand makes a huge difference in how

To clarify, are you having an issue with your support hand slipping when shooting with both hands, or with the gun slipping in your support hand when shooting support hand only?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The problem is with the two hands grip. Pro grip lotion is making the issue better, but I don't like to use it.
    Thanks

Have you tried shooting with gloves?

Not suggesting that as a default; trying to throw out an idea that may help you figure out how much is a friction/texture factor and how much is technical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List