Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought an M&P9...

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    If 1911 users keep deserting the platform, we may need to set up a government subsidy program to keep some out there.
    Then I guess I'll be on welfare after-all

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Does yours have the rear sight that's cut to enhance one handed reloads?
    Yup. I thought that was a pretty sweet touch. It let me know that somebody at Smith is paying attention.

On the other hand, it doesn't have a rainbow-anodized TiNi finish or a gold-inlaid rattlesnake laser-engraved on the slide, nor can it launch .410 buckshot, so maybe S&W isn't as cued into the actual demands of the self-defense pistol market after all...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Well, you could always take it back and get a Judge.... ;P

(I'm going to Hell for that, aren't I?)
    Mike

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    On the other hand, it doesn't have a rainbow-anodized TiNi finish or a gold-inlaid rattlesnake laser-engraved on the slide, nor can it launch .410 buckshot, so maybe S&W isn't as cued into the actual demands of the self-defense pistol market after all...
    Do they offer diamond plate?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Do they offer diamond plate?
    I was a little disappointed at the lack of mother-of-toilet-seat grip panels, too. A security guard around here who looks like Nick Fury with a bad case of likeadonutitis carries a Taurus PT-945 with those, and it's suh-weet!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I was a little disappointed at the lack of mother-of-toilet-seat grip panels, too. A security guard around here who looks like Nick Fury with a bad case of likeadonutitis carries a Taurus PT-945 with those, and it's suh-weet!
    Ah, but was it GENUINE mother-of-toilet-seat grip panels, or a cheap knock-off?
    Mike

security guard around here
    Beats a High Point in an Uncle Mikes nylon "one size fits none" holster. Seen that one a few times locally.

The trigger is appreciably better on the latest M&Ps as well.

Wait, Sam Jackson Nick Fury or comics Nick Fury?

In all seriousness though, it's a good call. I really do like the factory sights on the M&P over the Glock, and like others have pointed out the aftermarket support for the platform is taking off. I was playing with Randy's gun with the forward setting sear trigger/thing at Steel Challenge, and I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    The trigger is appreciably better on the latest M&Ps as well.
    I've been saying the same, though not everyone seems to agree. Mine has a short uptake with a crisp break in the 6# range. The LEM on my USP is far mushier either way.

Tamara, if you're curious, there's a production date code on the blue box the gun comes in. I forget the exact format, but it translates into the calendar week of production in the given year.

Site Supporter
    Or you can just look at the date on the fired casing bag, it's probably close to the production date.

User Tag List