Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any cases of people continuing to fight after a 12guage?

I once sat on a prisoner in the hospital who took a load of reduced recoil 00 buck in the chest, right above the left nipple at about 10 feet. He ran off, K9 came out and tracked him down, officers had to fight him into cuffs 30 minutes later. No telling what sort of alternative lifestyle pharmaceutical products he was using. The suspect died about 5 hours after being shot. He was dead the moment he was shot, the drugs kept him going for a while.

I remember when I was a teenager, watching some video on of Dad's VHS training films. It was news footage of some kind of college student protest/riot in South/Central America. Some student with a backpack and empty hands rushed out of a cloud of tear gas, his hands covering his eyes and obviously blind. He inadvertently ran right at a riot cop with a shotgun. The cop center-punched him at near-muzzle-contact distance (I remember thinking "That kid's heart is now in his backpack, in shreds" at the time). The kid said something that to my teenage non-Spanish-speaking ears sounded like "Ay-yay-yay!" and then crumpled. The cop calmly cycled the action and sauntered off.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I remember when I was a teenager, watching some video on of Dad's VHS training films. It was news footage of some kind of college student protest/riot in South/Central America. Some student with a backpack and empty hands rushed out of a cloud of tear gas, his hands covering his eyes and obviously blind. He inadvertently ran right at a riot cop with a shotgun. The cop center-punched him at near-muzzle-contact distance (I remember thinking "That kid's heart is now in his backpack, in shreds" at the time). The kid said something that to my teenage non-Spanish-speaking ears sounded like "Ay-yay-yay!" and then crumpled. The cop calmly cycled the action and sauntered off.
    I apologize for getting outside my lane here, but I have a question: what's the justification for shooting in that scenario? As a civilian, I must be missing some nuance, because from that description, at least, it doesn't sound like the kid was a threat. (I am of course open to the idea that if I was watching the video, my impression of the event might be different.)

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I apologize for getting outside my lane here, but I have a question: what's the justification for shooting in that scenario? As a civilian, I must be missing some nuance, because from that description, at least, it doesn't sound like the kid was a threat. (I am of course open to the idea that if I was watching the video, my impression of the event might be different.)
    It wasn't justified in the least, but I guess they do things differently south of the border.

Fair enough. Thanks for confirming my thought process on that one.

User Tag List