Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cecil Burch, IAJJ/IAP, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Oct. 10-11.

I didn't put together that Nick in class was NickA on here till just now. I also had to miss day two. Your "I got beat up by nyeti and Chuck" shirt will come with another line..."but they were really tired afterwards". It was good sharing meals and class time with you. Cecil definitely has this down to impart some great stuff that sticks in a short time.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

A most excellent class, and good times in general. Cecil does a hell of a job in the material and delivery of these two classes. I can't recommend them highly enough.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I am thinking that Braum's was the safest ice cream parlor in the D/FW area.

A big thanks to Jackdog for hosting me again, and to everyone who attended. It was a terrific group. Not once did I have to come down on anyone for using inappropriate energy. Everybody dialed the pressure up and down exactly as I asked. All the questions asked were spot on and pertinent.

Extra thanks to NickA for making the long drive, for SeriousStudent who helped get people where they needed to go, provided a base for some, and for being a great dinner companion.

And to nyeti and Chuck - I really appreciate you guys taking time out to not only attend the class, but to do ALL of the training, as well as contribute some real world thoughts and experiences. I know the other students got a lot out of your input. It was great having you there. And I really appreciate the kind comments, and the feedback. I look forward to getting together with you all the sooner the better.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 10-13-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I also forgot to publicly thank nyeti for all his tips and pointers on running the LEM! That was deeply appreciated, especially since he just did not give me a throw away couple of minutes, but rather really went deep and made sure I had all the info I could handle. Thanks much!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

It was my great pleasure to be of some small assistance. I was as happy as the little kid that gets to sneak over and listen to the adults at Thanksgiving. Thanks for allowing me to sit at the grownup's table.

The beauty of these classes is not always in the class itself, it is often the exchange of information that the class stimulates. A lot of what Cecil teaches is not just about "Jiu jitsu", it is about using jiu jitsu based philosphies to fight and survive an encounter better. Most of us are actually students of various means of fighting and combat. The interactions with like minded people with different specialization is awesome and helps all of us. I also like watching other instructors teach and how they present information. As a fellow "non-athlete", I loved watching how Cecil uses thinking over pure physical skill. I have a non-athletic kid who is a good athlete and this gives me hope and a means of teaching her how to excel by applying things I got from Cecil.

Bill, you are welcome at any table I am sitting at as an equal and a peer. In the end we are all serious students and can learn from each other. Besides, you managed to use better tactics, stealth and guile with the waitress to totally flank me.....so there is that.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

^^ Totally agree with nyeti, about some of the best info coming from the interaction between instructors and students. It's even better when two of the students are people like him and Chuck Haggard.
    One of the best points I picked up came from a comment by nyeti, regarding weapons coming in to a fight. Paraphrasing, he said when the other guy brings a weapon into the fight, you will focus on it. But so will the other guy. Of course you have to try and control the weapon, but use his distraction to your advantage by simultaneously working other things - strike, move your hips to escape, etc.

User Tag List