Thread: Heinie Straight Eight Sights

Heinie Straight Eight Sights

I am looking for some new sights. Right now I have the Warren Tactical Sights on my Glock 22. I don't really care for the Warrens. I have been looking at the HD Sights or the Ameriglo Spartan Sights. Long story short, I am finding out that I shoot better with the square rear sight post than a U shape rear post. I keep hearing about the Heinie Sight and I saw a video explaining how they work. I am thinking about trying them out. I wanted some feedback on the Heinie Straight Eight. Do you get points of aim and point of impact at 25 yards? Are easy to pick up in low light or no light conditions? Thanks for the fees back
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Heinie Slant Pros & Ledges are excellent sights and I used them on my carry Glocks for many years. I had them on a 34, 17, and 19. The serrated front does a good job of reducing glare in bright light. Be aware that the front sight tube has no outline. My strong preference is for the 3 dot version instead of the straight 8s. I personally found the straight 8s caused vertical stringing at any real distance in dim light. It looks like the 3 dot version is on closeout so Heinie may be stopping their production. I also preferred the 'QWIK" version with the .156 rear notch.

IMO, these are great sights for folks with good vision. As I got older, the lack of a outline on the front sight made it definitely harder to track. A paint pen (white base and florescent orange over) made the front easier to track and more visible in a variety of lighting conditions.

I will be 60 in a few months and my vision has deteriorated to the point that the high-vis offerings from Ameriglo are better FOR ME. I was perfectly happy with the wide notch 3 Dot Heinies for many years. If you have good vision, they will serve you well. Heinie also offers different height front blades to zero your individual pistol. I found the standard .215 to work well on my 17s but the 34 needed a .235.

There's nothing bright on the front sight of the Heinies to quickly draw my attention to it, and I don't think many people shoot faster or more accurately stacking two dots on top of each other. If you're 60 then you definitely would appreciate a large, bright front like the Ameriglo Hackathorn, Spaulding CAP, or Spartan.

I run Heinie Ledge sights on my 1911s and Glocks.

POI is about 3" above my POA with the Glocks but varies a bit depending on the ammo. Generally, a six o'clock hold on the black of the B-8 will deliver a 10-ring hit.

I like the Straight Eight and prefer it to the 3-dot version. I find my sight picture less cluttered. I have had no trouble making hits on 8" plates out to 25 yards using the tritium.

Thanks for the feed back.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

User Tag List