Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester 1300 Defender

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Those three shots are...first shot ZERO, second shot at .25 and third in at 25 total 0.50

Before Patrick Flanigan>>>>>http://www.multigunmedia.com/speed-shotguning.pdf
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably a stupid question, but...
    The 1300 is no longer in production. How does the SXP compare?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Have a 1300 bird gun in the safe and would love a Defender version. As much as I'm an 870 guy, the 1300 is a FAST action. Lovely guns. Enjoy!

Winchester 1300 Defender

Got to handle the ghost ring version today at the store.

The rear sight has no visible adjustments other than a set screw that appeared to control elevation. The other set screw that controlled windage looks like it loosened so the sight could be adjusted by means of placement of the dovetail. My Chinese Hawk 870 Clone with ghost rings has better rear adjustments. Found this pic which illustrates:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ima...G0007RAILD.jpg

The front sight is fixed with narrow wings. No way to get a fiber optic front.

The trigger/reset was good, better than my Moss 500. The slide/action was smooth.

FWIW Overall no way I would buy the Extreme ghost ring version because of the sights and the breacher choke was just plain silly.

Wouldn't mind shooting the regular defender version just to compare split times with the others.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-30-2015 at 11:20 PM.

#necro
    After watching some of the footage from the weekend, I picked up another one of these. It really does feel better than an 870 to me.

Total knee-jerk, but the AR, AK, and pistol angles are covered. Getting everyone trained now.

Does anyone make an adapter to install a Magpul SGA yet? They make one for everything else it seems...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List