Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester 1300 Defender

I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The 1300 was the very first gun I bought when I was 18. I agree with a prior statement, I remember it being noticeably faster and smoother than other pumps I had used. I wound up replacing it with an 870 because of easier to find/ cheaper barrel options. It never had any reliability issues, however I never ran it like I run guns now.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I bought an 8 shot 1300 Defender with walnut stock for $199 from my local Wal-mart in 1998. It still stands guard in my closet. Great gun, cycles like a semi, and I like the safety ahead of the trigger as my fingers are long enough to get to it. Never had a malfunction with it. Love that one piece mag tube with no joints for shells to get hung up on.

Downside: alternate stocks, spare parts and accessories are kind of thin on the ground. There isn't a good way to put a flashlight on it except for the $300 Surefire foreend (which may be out of production at this point). I've heard the extractor is kind of a pain to repair if it breaks, but I haven't run into that.

The 1300 is still in production (kinda) as the SXP, but it's built in Turkey and has a shorter mag tube and I have no idea how good the QC is.

Thanks Chuck for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of them are marked "speed pump" as the action will...without assistance eject a spent hull.

Load the chamber, refrain from touching the forend and break the shot, the slide will move to the rear and in most cases eject the hull.

Used one to good effect at the Pan-American IPSC shotgun championship in 2010.

For years these were the preferred shotguns at Rogers because they were so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Some of them are marked "speed pump" as the action will...without assistance eject a spent hull.

Load the chamber, refrain from touching the forend and break the shot, the slide will move to the rear and in most cases eject the hull.

Used one to good effect at the Pan-American IPSC shotgun championship in 2010.
    This one is marked "speed pump" on the receiver. I never knew it was more than marketing terminology.

What are your split times with the Winchester Pump?

I just saw an ad for one of these on sale at a local sports store with two barrels. Then I checked the Winchester website http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...21c&mid=512268 which read

"THE WORLD’S FASTEST PUMP ACTION.
    Whether its super-speed clays or fast-flushing upland game, keep up with shooting’s fastest action with the Super X Pump, the perfect choice for pump shotgun lovers. Because of its inertia-assisted slide-action, it’s the fastest in the world for follow-up shots. Three shots can be delivered in just a half second. Cycle one through and see if it’s not the finest fitting, sweetest handling and fastest pump out there."

3 shots in .5 seconds is .17 split.

Has anyone timed themselves with one shooting buck shot and if so what was your average split time?

That seems amazingly fast; faster than many can belt out of a semi-auto. They are back bored too. Also are drilled and tapped and have a version with a ghost ring. I am definitely intrigued.

PS the marine one make my eyes wince though ...

Here is someone shooting one.

PS Not a fan of the breacher choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I just saw an ad for one of these on sale at a local sports store with two barrels. Then I checked the Winchester website http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...21c&mid=512268 which read

"THE WORLD’S FASTEST PUMP ACTION.
    Whether its super-speed clays or fast-flushing upland game, keep up with shooting’s fastest action with the Super X Pump, the perfect choice for pump shotgun lovers. Because of its inertia-assisted slide-action, it’s the fastest in the world for follow-up shots. Three shots can be delivered in just a half second. Cycle one through and see if it’s not the finest fitting, sweetest handling and fastest pump out there."

3 shots in .5 seconds is .17 split.

Has anyone timed themselves with one shooting buck shot and if so what was your average split time?

That seems amazingly fast; faster than many can belt out of a semi-auto. They are back bored too. Also are drilled and tapped and have a version with a ghost ring. I am definitely intrigued.

PS the marine one make my eyes wince though ...

Those three shots are...first shot ZERO, second shot at .25 and third in at 25 total 0.50

Before Patrick Flanigan>>>>>http://www.multigunmedia.com/speed-shotguning.pdf

User Tag List