Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester 1300 Defender

Winchester 1300 Defender

Proof I need to stay away from my local LE distributor shop. Every visit something follows me home.

They had a rack of recent LE trade-in pump shotguns. This Winchester 1300 Defender caught my eye. It was the only one with a walnut stock and appeared to be in the best condition. For $175.00, I could not leave it there.

I must admit, I’ve been somewhat un-American ‘till this point, as this is the only pump I’ve ever owned.

I’d like to hear about this model and know what to expect. The 870’s seem to rule the market with an iron fist but this thing appears to be well built and worth a look.

Attachment 3434

Attachment 3435

Attachment 3436

Winchester 1300 Defender

I had a 1300 as a kid. Sweet shotgun. You got a great deal on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 05-27-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Winchester 1300 Defender

Better handling than 870's. Lighter 'cause of the aluminum receiver. I've heard their extractors break more easily than the 870's. My sample of one was great. I replaced it with an 870 because "870" and have wondered what I really gained ever since.

Site Supporter
    I've one and it's always run in matches and classes. Took a Givens' class with it and it was fine.

I've never owned a 1300, but I fired my buddies, and it had the smoothest, quickest action of any pump I've ever used. Outside of that, I don't know much about them.

I have one, light, slick, fast handling pump.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nice score.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I've shot a few of them, never saw one break, although my experience is minimal. I do know that this is the only regular pump gun that feeds those Aguila mini shells, I had a friend that used his 1300 and the mini shells for his house gun since he could load like 13 of them in the tube
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've shot a few of them, never saw one break, although my experience is minimal. I do know that this is the only regular pump gun that feeds those Aguila mini shells, I had a friend that used his 1300 and the mini shells for his house gun since he could load like 13 of them in the tube
    Is there any ballistics testing data showing how the mini shotgun shells perform?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Is there any ballistics testing data showing how the mini shotgun shells perform?
    Not that I know of. Figuring out that #4 and #1 buck pellets will do at 1200fps should be that hard though if a guy was interested.

Not sayin it's a great idea, although it might be a decent one. I recall recoil being low and the patterns being about average for buckshot.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List