Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIRT - Is the green laser worth $90.

SIRT - Is the green laser worth $90.

Greetings.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am looking to get in extra training through dry fire, and based on what I've read here I think I can make use of the SIRT. My issued guns are a Glock 22 and 27 (Gen 4).

I can get the polymer slide SIRT with two red lasers for $200, and the red/green setup for $290.

So is the green laser really worth spending an additional $90? I will do all my dry fire training indoors if that makes a difference in your answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Visibility will never be in question. For me it's worth it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have the red on red model, and have only used it indoors. It shoes up well, and have used it for over a year. The green is primarily for better visibility outdoors in the sun. I would say get the red and spend the other $90 on ammo.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    In my opinion, it's worth it. Much easier to keep your focus on your front sight, and still tell where your shot went.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

My preference would be to get one with a metal slide so you can put your real sights on the gun (with some metal work).
    However Gabe White likes the crappy sights which come with the gun, he says working harder to see the sights is good training.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    You can put real sights on the plastic SIRT as well: I have the same Ameriglos on my plastic SIRT as my G19. Actually it's much easier to install sights on the plastic slide as you don't need to use a punch.

I think the green laser is worth it, but I also get plenty of use out of my red/red model.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I have a red/green model, and if I did it again today I would've gone with the red/red model. The red is visible enough for my use, and I don't turn on the trigger reset laser all that much. That being said, I don't have any real complaints about the red/green model.

I think the green is worth it, even if you don't need to use it outdoors in daylight. The green laser is bright enough that you get a lot of "splash" with it - enough so that I can adjust it so that I can't really see the dot when looking through my sights proper, but see the green halo. Not seeing the dot means I don't have as much tendency to chase the dot visually rather than stay on the sights.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

If you ever plan on using the SIRT outside, the green laser is a must. To me, it was worth it. I learned long ago to qualify my wants and needs, then buy up a model, and I've never been disappointed in doing so. This is especially valuable when it comes to quality, less so simply with features.

The green makes pink and orange objects (think post-it notes and earplugs) flouresce yellow, which is a great hit indicator that doesn't require breaking front sight focus.

User Tag List