Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appendix reholstering:video

Appendix reholstering:video

As appendix carry has become more widespread, an increasing number of videos, with folks shooting appendix, are finding their way to the net. Many of these feature "name" trainers and shooters.

Rough guess, but one in ten or less demonstrate what I consider acceptable technique for returning the gun to the holster. Leaving aside Mr_White's videos, and some PF folks, I challenge you to find a video of appendix shooting where the shooter treats holstering as something besides an afterthought.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What are you asking for? I seem to have missed it? You want a video of someone showing a technique of reholstering AIWB and explaining why they do it a certain way?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Yes but I don't think he expects to find any. I think the point is that reholstering AIWB is becoming more common on the shooting Youtube but the reholster is done casually.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yes but I don't think he expects to find any. I think the point is that reholstering AIWB is becoming more common on the shooting Youtube but the reholster is done casually.
    ...ok?

Reholstering should be reverse drawing, that way you steal a rep.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I think if you define what is appropriate, we might get somewhere.

By some techniques, I will always be wrong. Todd is wrong, too. Pretty much anyone who isn't built like a stick figure will be wrong, as no amount of twisting and rotating the grip will keep us from muzzling our body.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

^^This. With certain body types it's virtually impossible not to muzzle yourself, even with OWB carry.

What I really hate to see is the "no look" reholster. Lots of checked out dudes do that on video....

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    ^^This. With certain body types it's virtually impossible not to muzzle yourself, even with OWB carry.

What I really hate to see is the "no look" reholster. Lots of checked out dudes do that on video....
    I admit I do lots of no look reholstering when wearing a simple "clean" concealment garment, like a polo. Not so much when wearing a jacket or blazer.

I also have a hammer fired gun, and am more than comfortable with it given I can thumb the hammer.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Nowhere near as picky as expecting someone to clear their holster, look or cant their pelvis to avoid muzzling themselves.

I am talking holstering as fast or faster as they draw, seating the pistol with such force they could never feel something, holstering while looking at the timer or somewhere else, holstering while showing the timer to the camera ....
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I see a lot of guys holster (or top off and holster) while they are still focused on the target and analyzing their performance. You see a ton of this at classes and on video where the shooter trying to get a good run for a camera. I've seen lots of sketchy stuff happen when shooters are not focussed on the act of holstering. I.E, totally missing the holster, dipping the muzzle into a pocket or belt, then getting frustrated and jamming the gun into their holster.

I still don't get the no look reholster, the juice is way worth the squeeze in my opinion.

The missing key word might be "safely" reholstering.

User Tag List