Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trade a Sig 228 for a M11-A1?

What L-2 said. Although I'd get the short reach trigger for the P228 and just swap the extractor and springs on the M11.

Really appreciate the responses, fellas. Where can I get the extractor springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

http://www.topgunsupply.com/gun-part...gun-parts.html

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Extractor springs for the M11A1 have arrived--will run down to LGS and get 'em installed in a couple weeks.

Per the suggestion here, I put an E2 kit into the P228 tonight. Substantially improved the trigger pull--so much so that it's now better than the M11A1. Thanks!

Although I prefer striker fired guns, I wanted a hammer fired gun last year and considered HK P-30, Beretta, and SIG (have had them all in the past). Went with the Beretta 92A1. Didn't really dig it like I thought I would and sold it. Bought a new M11A1 and took it to the range. FTExtract in the first 500 rds. Sent it back to SIG who replaced the extractor & springs. No issues in the 600 or so rounds since. The sights are well regulated for 124 grain ammo but high with 147. I am happy with it as long as it continues to run well.

I still carry and prefer the G19 Gen4, and the vast majority of my range time is spent shooting Glocks (or the occasional Shield, M&P, or S&W revolver).

Managed to get to the range with both the P228 and the M11A1 today--I wanted to do a side-by-side comparison between the P228 with the Grayguns P-SAIT and Hogue aluminum grips vs the M11A1 with E2 grips and the short reach trigger. It was immediately apparent that the E2 grips are the better choice for my small hands--the gun sits higher and is easier to control, as it feels like I've got more forearm behind the gun. I suck, but the M11A1 made me suck less.

I came home and put the E2 grips on the P228. Interestingly, the P228 and the M11A1 didn't seem to balance very differently when both wore Hogue G10s, they feel very different when wearing E2s. Funny how subjective this stuff is. Still need to shoot them side-by-side to see whether to keep the P-SAIT, which is a bit of a stretch for my finger, even with the E2. Trigger pull is definitely smoother than with the M11A1, though.

One more thing--the P228 had another failure to extract with Win white box, for a total of 2 out of 155 rounds. I switched to Remington green box and put about 100 rounds through it with no issues. I also put 100 rounds of Remington green box through the M11A1 with no issues. I'll stick with Remington for a while and see if any problems resume.
    Last edited by ClintHall; 12-24-2016 at 05:30 PM.

For what it's worth, the FTE's I've had with my 229-1 were all with win brass. At least the failures that I could check the suspect brass on.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

the way I look at it you aren't able to walk into a store and buy a 228, you can walk into any sig dealer and buy a 229 (which a m11-a1 is). I would not trade, wouldn't even be a hard choice.

P228 is finally set up right. Had to get Trijicon HD rear re-installed by gunsmith, as it was drifting leftward under recoil. Swapped out the Grayguns trigger for the factory short trigger. Ready to vet the thing and put it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Price check -- have gotten a trade offer for the M11a1-- fella is offering a 1991-make W. German P226 with 5K round count. Bluing looks good; it was sent to Sig around ten years ago for spring-replacement/inspection. He's offering the gun, three mags, and $200 in trade. Fair swap?

User Tag List