Thread: Magpul Glock mag

Magpul Glock mag

Recently got one of these with my brownell's gift card (thanks PF!) and have to say so far I am impressed. I put 210 rounds through just it yesterday during less than ideal conditions and no malfunctions so far. We have had steady rain here for the past week and it made the range a nasty mud and clay mixture. I dropped the mag quite a few times (slippery) and decided to just see how it would go muddy/with muddy rounds and it kept working. We tried it in a gen 3 glock 19 mag and a gen 4, kept going. Gonna keep getting after it but so far so good for a $15 mag.

Any issues with it dropping free when empty? I am starting to notice this on my Gen4 19.

Mike

not yet, when did you receive yours? I ordered mine after the initial recall.

Site Supporter
    I haven't had any issues with mine (ordered 3 mags prior to the recall) out of my gen4 g19. Brownells sent the replacement bodies as soon as they were available, but I haven't deemed it necessary to replace the bodies. Granted I have only put ~200 rounds through the three mags on a square range, so take this for what it's worth.

I received two from Midway before the recall and they ran fine in the only gun I used them with at that time, a Gen 4 G17. Then as advertised with no further action on my part, two replacement mag bodies showed up in the mail from Midway. Pretty impressive recall response IMO.

And with the new mag bodies they've run well across a couple hundred rounds in a 17, 19 and 26.

They seem find. They have dropped reliably each attempt. They do feel subjectively different in the hand; texture or something. To me the plastic "feels" cheaper than the OEM; but I realize I don't have a plastics technology background to actually know anything about such things.

The MagPuls are certainly a snap to remove the base plate.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Reading the responses I realize I didn't state my question clearly and I apologize for that. I was wondering if the Magpul mags suffer from the same drop free issues I am running into with stock OEM G19 mags. I am finding that my OEM mags hesitate before dropping free when empty. I have seen this in videos and on the range with other shooters but never experienced it myself until recently.

This might be good for another thread but I don't know how to fix this issue.

Mike

I had to practice keeping the gun vertical long enough before rotating for a reload or the mag would never fall all the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

The MagPuls are certainly a snap to remove the base plate.
    One place where Glock perfection is less than perfection is those base plates. I am eager to try the MagPuls.

I picked up two from GSS Gear. So far they are working like a champ in my G17 Gen4.

Does anyone know if the G17 mags are blockable to 15 rounds?

User Tag List