Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Sharp MDOC, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Dec05&06, 2015

Paul Sharp MDOC, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Dec05&06, 2015

Paul Sharp
    Multi Disciplinary Optimization Couse (MDOC)
    Dec 05&06, 2015
    DFW, Texas

Exact location to be determined.

Course cost is $350.We need a minimum of 6 students.
    817-403-1593

Paul Sharp is a police officer with 16 years experience. His current assignments are patrol, SWAT and training. His past assignments have included resident officer, undercover narcotics detective and neighborhood response officer.

Paul has graduated from numerous firearms and tactics courses and is an Illinois State firearms instructor, defensive knife instructor, defensive tactics instructor and is the lead pistol instructor for his agency.

Paul has been recognized as an instructor in the Filipino Martial Arts and Jeet Kune Do concepts as well as Mixed Martial Arts and holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Having competed at a professional level in Mixed Martial Arts and Boxing, Paul is uniquely positioned to coach others from knowledge and experience. Paul has also been recognized as an instructor in DR Middlebrooks Fist-Fire shooting system as well as mid-west regional director for SBGi.

Paul has been featured in several national and international magazines for his part in developing a systematic approach to integrating and instructing Mixed Martial Arts and combative sports for those working in a weapons based environment.

The Multi-Disciplinary Optimization course is a 16 hour focused overview of skill sets used in the Extreme Close Quarters Environment. Some of the topics to be covered in the course include:
    Expanded principles of initiation and escape
    Attached striking
    Expanded in fight weapons access (IFWA)

Equipment Required: Comfortable clothes, wrap-around eye protection, mouthpiece and cup, training drones of preferred carry tools.

Equipment recommended: Any training drones of EDC tools the student may have, along with their standard everyday carry gear, such as holsters or magazine pouches. A “red” or “blue” dummy gun is acceptable.

NO LIVE WEAPONS ARE PERMITTED IN THE TRAINING ENVIROMENT. There will be a weapons-check before training commences.

This course is mildly anaerobic in nature and the student should come with the understanding that they will be subjected to mild to greater than mild impact as part of the coursework.

No thanks. I just had a baby and haven't updated my life insurance yet, and Sharp looks like he could break me with a sideways look.

I'll be sending my stand ins, LOKNLOD and thehellUrider. Please feel free to abuse them to Sharp's heart's content.

TR675, we won't break you. I promise.

I can highly recommend Paul as a trainer.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    TR675, we won't break you. I promise.
    TR, we'll make sure to give you the FIST helmet that has the padding on top too, this time.

I don't usually travel for classes but I might make an exception...
    --Josh
    When I draw, I don't deactivate the safety; I activate the danger.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    No thanks. I just had a baby and haven't updated my life insurance yet, and Sharp looks like he could break me with a sideways look.

I'll be sending my stand ins, LOKNLOD and thehellUrider. Please feel free to abuse them to Sharp's heart's content.
    Just show up the first day and ask "do you even lift bro?".

You'll get a free pass from then on.

Great class. I took it this spring. I have had a number of classes with Paul, and although he may not have some of the name recognition of some of the top guys, IMHO he is one of the best trainer/coaches out there.

If this knee replacemnt thing goes as I hope it does Ill be in like flin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and one thing to remember... Sharp isnt as big in person...................;-)

All joking aside.. if you are walking aroud with your carry gun and have not had a class like this... fix that now...
    "Gunfights are come as you are events, You do not get to chose"- Tom Givens.

Keepers Concealment, The Best AIWB holsters EVER, for more info www.keepersconcealment.com

I have put the date on my calendar, and will try to attend. I should be able to confirm in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post

Who needs enemies...

User Tag List