Thread: Drills for a "static" range

Drills for a "static" range

One of the ranges I belong to has a minimum distance of 10 yards, max of 25. No drawing from the holster allowed and only one large cardboard that is used as a target backer.
    No other limitations yet.
    What are some drills I can run, given the above mentioned limitations?

Thanks!

This is a good one:
    http://soldiersystems.net/2012/11/10...rry-vickers-5/
    One that I worked up is also run on the B8:
    From 10 or 7yds draw or in your case start from low ready and engage with 3 rounds, note time. Repeat for a total of 5 reps / 15rds. Add up the times and divide points by total time. Also known as hit factor. You can either run it as hits on paper or only score hits in the black. It allows the shooter to work on presentation, rapid follow up shots, grip, and visual ability. There is no pass / fail, just trying to consistently improve from one session to the next. For me a good day is a hit factor over 14 from concealment at 7yds.
    Taking a break from social media.

"The Test". 10 rounds, 10 yards, 10 seconds into a B8 repair center. You can use this, "the 25 Yard Timed & Rapid Fire repair center target" Possible score is 100, 90 or above is pass. Everyone who's taken a class with LAV or Hack has done this with them. It's from the low ready.

Edit: CCT125US beat me to it

Start from low ready, high ready, etc. and do just about anything that is from the draw. One of my favorites...https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ek-108-GM-Test. And you can do lots of variations of stuff like this. Good luck!
    A71593

User Tag List