Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dracula Draw....

I've never thought this was a good idea, but if it works for him, who am I to say otherwise. OTOH, I will point out that he seemed to muzzle his femoral while reholstering. AIWB is nothing new (some of us Cultists have been doing it a while, but still not nearly as long as its been around) but not everyone is qualified to use or teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Maybe I don't get this. First, doing two unrelated things at once (unrelated as it doesn't aid in the draw) seems a distraction to me. Second, if you are my opponent and I'm on the urge of shooting you COM, why do I care what side moves - I just shoot you at movement.? It's not that the flapping cape interferes with that.
    Is that really true, though? My thought is that while a criminal might decide to shoot at movement, the fact that the movement is so weird and appears to have no relation to drawing a weapon should get inside your opponent's OODA loop for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRTainly View Post
    Is that really true, though? My thought is that while a criminal might decide to shoot at movement, the fact that the movement is so weird and appears to have no relation to drawing a weapon should get inside your opponent's OODA loop for a bit.
    I wouldn't bet my life on it. I want a fast and consistent presentation under stress. For me, this does nothing to improve either.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRTainly View Post
    Theres a study done by a state police agency which concluded even untrained criminals can make a headshot from a draw inside of 3 yards on demand.Some lowlifes are very familiar with firearms and would be unimpressed by a dervish display.

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

The guy in your video was in the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The guy in your video was in the Army.
    Which probably means he was not that proficient with regards to military handgun training standards.
    #RESIST

The guy in the video is Steve Fisher, aka Yeti, and he is VERY proficient with a number of firearms.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Chuck,

Can you speak to this draw. Other than it seeming "goofy" to me, it seems like a lot of issues to contend with. Like wind, other entanglements, etc.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I really can't. I'll ask Steve if he would like to drop in and do so. You guys might recall he ended up being part of the "temple index" discussion, and that a lot of people thought that was uber Timmy derp until context was added.

I'm guessing the draw in question is "an" option to think about, but I haven't worked the problem myself.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That'd be cool. Being that appendix is the only way I can conceal on my body, it won't change my life, but as GI Joe said, "knowing is half the battle." So I'm up for knowing more.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List