Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Dracula Draw....

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    There are a lot of threads I don't read, so I don't know exactly what Vinh's draw methodology is. Usually I'm either behind the guy watching him run a drill or I'm competing against him in which case I have other things on my mind.
    Not sure if there is video, but basically the one hand (strong) grabs the middle of the closed front garment and drags it straight up, then 90 degrees to the side, forearm traps garment up, and strong hand then makes a "normal" draw.

As I understand it, this came out of the TLG group class at Rogers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I understand it, this came out of the TLG group class at Rogers.
    That's where I learned about it, but I think Vinh had been doing it before the class.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    You guys missed it. I am keeping the garment in place with the left hand in those videos, however the technique works without using the left hand. I was repping that for the winter when heavier clothing tends to need holding.

The draw was a single hand.
    EVERY draw is single hand, bud; unless you've figured out a way to get both hands on the gun in the holster.

I think we have a terminology disconnect here...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    EVERY draw is single hand, bud; unless you've figured out a way to get both hands on the gun in the holster.

I think we have a terminology disconnect here...

I don't mind leaving it at that since that seems to be the obvious conflict here.

If anyone wants to range, by all means PM me and we'll do some shooting and I'll gladly demonstrate what I am talking about in person.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I don't mind leaving it at that since that seems to be the obvious conflict here.

If anyone wants to range, by all means PM me and we'll do some shooting and I'll gladly demonstrate what I am talking about in person.
    Are you east PA? You're a great shooter, so I'd be more than happy to spend some range time with you. This weekend with Sayoc in the Poconos doesn't appear to be materializing, so I'm game if you're around.

I see what you're doing in the video....you're hooking the cover garment with your thumb. Nothing crazy, really. Think I learned that in my first ever CCW course with John Murphy. Nobody is disputing that it is a technique for a single hand draw.

The contention is that you're definitely using your left hand to help clear the garment in your Sayoc video. It's really plainly obvious, we don't need to be an 1811 cyber investigator to figure it out. Your left hand starts under the shirt, and lifts the shirt up naturally as you go to a position which to hold the shirt. Even if you werent, using your other hand to help hold the shirt is still not a one-handed draw. No way, no how, not in any competition or course of instruction would using two hands in your draw be considered a one-handed draw.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Are you east PA? You're a great shooter, so I'd be more than happy to spend some range time with you. This weekend with Sayoc in the Poconos doesn't appear to be materializing, so I'm game if you're around.

I see what you're doing in the video....you're hooking the cover garment with your thumb. Nothing crazy, really. Think I learned that in my first ever CCW course with John Murphy. Nobody is disputing that it is a technique for a single hand draw.

The contention is that you're definitely using your left hand to help clear the garment in your Sayoc video. It's really plainly obvious, we don't need to be an 1811 cyber investigator to figure it out. Your left hand starts under the shirt, and lifts the shirt up naturally as you go to a position which to hold the shirt. Even if you werent, using your other hand to help hold the shirt is still not a one-handed draw. No way, no how, not in any competition or course of instruction would using two hands in your draw be considered a one-handed draw.
    The video is a poor depiction of what the technique is, I won't get back into this since the horse is turning into dust at this point.

Expect a PM after I post this...
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I could do a step by step outline of how I draw my pistol in about 5 minutes tapping it out on my phone.
    It's not like we're building a rocket from scratch.
    Why has this back and forth gone on for 2 days?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Was at range and took some video, youtube crushed the quality, I tried to upload it again with better quality (its 4k video) and it still changed it back to 480p.

First timed shot 1.00, second timed shot .98 (or .95 don't remember, not that it matters).

I wore a button down on purpose so that its clear that I am not lifting up the shirt with my left hand as the other video gave people the impression I was.
    VDMSR.com

I wore a button down on purpose so that its clear that I am not lifting up the shirt with my left hand as the other video gave people the impression I was.
    Out of curiosity, do you normally leave the last button undone? Not beating the horse, genuinely curious, I've rolled that way a time or two but get leery of my heater poking out.

A lil velcro would probably be pretty handy to roll like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you normally leave the last button undone? Not beating the horse, genuinely curious, I've rolled that way a time or two but get leery of my heater poking out.

A lil velcro would probably be pretty handy to roll like this.
    I thought about velcro, figured it wasnt worth doing since it would need to be a really small piece.

Defoor once said he sows weights, like fishing or coins, into the edges of the buttondown since itll help with clearing. I find that if I buy the right sized shirt itll work just fine, as you can see, with the last button unbuttoned.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List